• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Proper info in the first post would have helped but look at all the conversation we would have missed out on.

Doc Indy....I will put a whole system in for what they wanted for the coil.

Probably why my phone is blowing up as well.

You doing OK????

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Proper info in the first post would have helped but look at all the conversation we would have missed out on.

Doc Indy....I will put a whole system in for what they wanted for the coil.

Probably why my phone is blowing up as well.

You doing OK????

See now, that's another reason I'm hesitant to get rolling again. The last 3 years of all hours of the night/day calls has made me a little shy to spread my info again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    See now, that's another reason I'm hesitant to get rolling again. The last 3 years of all hours of the night/day calls has made me a little shy to spread my info again.

I will not roll on a residential late night unless it is very cold and there are kids. Being semi-retired I can pretty much pick and choose.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    lol I know what you mean, I've got my eyes on a new toy or two. I'm thinking I might need to pick up a couple jobs a week so I can save up faster.

I am actually considering another purge. I get bored after I modify everything and want to rotate the inventory.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I will not roll on a residential late night unless it is very cold and there are kids. Being semi-retired I can pretty much pick and choose.

That's my thoughts as well. Working on my time I don't go out after dark, but it doesn't stop the phone from ringing all hours of the night. I love the 1am calls saying the need their A/C fixed, and want to know what it will cost.... Don't know till I check it out, k, thanks, bye. lol

I am actually considering another purge. I get bored after I modify everything and want to rotate the inventory.

I've got my eyes on a fancy fieldpiece digital gauge set, and a replacement Springfield 1911 for one that was Stolen while I was in Iraq.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's my thoughts as well. Working on my time I don't go out after dark, but it doesn't stop the phone from ringing all hours of the night. I love the 1am calls saying the need their A/C fixed, and want to know what it will cost.... Don't know till I check it out, k, thanks, bye. lol

I've got my eyes on a fancy fieldpiece digital gauge set, and a replacement Springfield 1911 for one that was Stolen while I was in Iraq.

Not a fan of the digital gauges as they tend to get knocked around.

Which Springer you looking at

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

i use old set of brass Marsh gauges with real glass lenses.....change a oil slugged A-coil today that someone forgot to trap the suction line......condenser above the coil:soapbox:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i have old set of brass Marsh gauges with real glass lenses.....change a oil slugged A-coil today the someone forgot to trap the suction line......condenser above the coil:soapbox:

You gotta love that.

I have 2 sets of the big "Brute" 4 hose gauge sets. Maybe 4 other sets of different manf. but none of my old glass gauge sets anymore.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    You gotta love that.

I have 2 sets of the big "Brute" 4 hose gauge sets. Maybe 4 other sets of different manf. but none of my old glass gauge sets anymore.

the Marsh's get used everyday......i have a Yellow Jacket 410 set too and a few others in the shed....

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North

I've heard great things about the Tesco's on durability, word is the fieldpiece do pretty well as long as you don't drop them off a ladder. I need a good second set of gauges, tired of blasting them between diff refrigerants. A nice set of standard will run me close to $200, can get the Digi's for $250-350.

I had an Operator with Od Green, and an Army Issue. I'd really like to get an operator again, but for that matter I would love to find one of those Italian doublestack mods.

The 1911s are just amusing thoughts at this point, I'd probably pick up a good Ar10 before I pick up another 1911.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've heard great things about the Tesco's on durability, word is the fieldpiece do pretty well as long as you don't drop them off a ladder. I need a good second set of gauges, tired of blasting them between diff refrigerants. A nice set of standard will run me close to $200, can get the Digi's for $250-350.

I had an Operator with Od Green, and an Army Issue. I'd really like to get an operator again, but for that matter I would love to find one of those Italian doublestack mods.

The 1911s are just amusing thoughts at this point, I'd probably pick up a good Ar10 before I pick up another 1911.

I found a nice AR-10 last winter. Stainless barreled Armilite. I do like it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I used an Armilite Ar-10 with a Flir 4-16x thermal scope. It was a beast, although I'd never be able to afford that scope myself.

I use an Aimpoint or a Vortec on mine depending on what and where. It has the Aimpoint when it sits at the ready in the safe. Damn thing is a car killer.

Top Bottom