• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I did something all by myself, that cost a government entity more than 7 million dollars to date.:rockwoot:

It was tricky, legal and only a few people had a clue, but not till they voted on a way to "stop" it.

The thing I tricked them into was giving full pensions to police and fire department employees.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I did something all by myself, that cost a government entity more than 7 million dollars to date.

YEAH!!!!!!!!! :rockwoot:

Oh, wait..........

Government entities do not have their own money nor do they produce anything.
    It's taken from taxpayers.

So.... yeah.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm sorry ....$500 per month for risking you life as a fireman or policeman was just not right. That was what the old plan offered them. The cost of employee turnover was greater than the expense of the new pension system.

So in a way, I helped save money................

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Saved money from your own pocket but you cost everyone else. How about the service men who still pay taxes..If it was that bad you could've found another job instead of costing honest tax payers, not only do we as tax payers have to pay but now we have to pull up your slack. BS. And by the way, I am not only a vet but also a paramedic. So I do not want to hear you whine

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    And to boot your proud of costing the government 7 million. Do your job, be proud of your job, did you not sign up for your job knowing what it intailed and what rewards or lack of rewards there were.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Police and firemen know the deal going in. If they want others to pay for their retirement they oughtta be willing to pay for someone elses retirement.

I say privatize those jobs. Privatize it all, actually. Stop stealing money from people.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Sorry I'm just a dumb firefighter that can't decide if I'm reading sarcasm or not. Police and fire deserve pensions or don't?

I don't know. Do you deserve a pension paid for with tax dollars? I have to pay into my pension fund. I go to work everyday. I do my job. Yes, there is a risk I could be injured, severely injured or even die at my workplace. So, do I deserve a pension paid for completely with tax dollars?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have to pay into my pension fund.

I have to pay into my pension fund too. It isn't 100% paid for by taxpayer money. Oh wait, yes it is because taxpayers pay my salary and therefore I don't pay anything to anyone, I just take from everyone. :rolleyes:

Speaking of pensions, my dad receives $70,xxx a year from the Navy. Anyone going to ***** about that or is it just because this thread has anything to do with police that everyone's panties are in a bunch?

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    It's because it has to do with police. Servicemen are exept from all criticism during times of armed conflict.;)

I have many friends currently working as LEOs that I have gotten to know through the court system. Majority are good guys. Just like any other occupation. Some good, some bad.

I tend to view the pension issue as a payback for the historically low pay scale, failure to provide proper pay scale increases for merit and seniority and expertise and in general the crap hours that have to be worked. Not to mention that on any force there are political factions that derive benefit and detriment depending upon which way the political winds blow. I am constantly amazed after being exposed to law enforcement day in and day out that society is able to get anyone to do this job for less than 6 figures.

I am just happy there are those out there with a sense of higher calling and societal obligation than myself.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have to pay into my pension fund too. It isn't 100% paid for by taxpayer money. Oh wait, yes it is because taxpayers pay my salary and therefore I don't pay anything to anyone, I just take from everyone. :rolleyes:

Speaking of pensions, my dad receives $70,xxx a year from the Navy. Anyone going to ***** about that or is it just because this thread has anything to do with police that everyone's panties are in a bunch?

C'mon Franike; you know that nobody on this board is going to deny a hardworking retired military man his hard earned pension. I mean c'mon, these guys chase bad guys around the world, are hated by most of the people they are trying to help, have people trying to harm or kill them on almost a daily basis. . . . . . . . . . .oh wait a minute, I forgot, am I supporting cops or the military????

For the sarcastically inclined the above statement is hugely in purple. I'm happy to say that a friend was recently promoted to Captain in the Morgan County SD:rockwoot: GO SCOTT!!

Dr_O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    I can't believe what I am reading here.

Whether they are police, fire, or military these people put their lives on the line every day for YOU. And they do it at a less than stellar pay level.

If these folks have a pension plan that is taxpayer funded it is usually part of a collective bargaining agreement, a contract. Something else was given up in order to receive pension benefits, such as a living wage.

Would you still complain if we took away the pensions and just raised their wages so that they could contribute on their own?

Like it or not, every time you buy something you are contributing to someone's pension. Buy a car, pay your utilities, buy groceries, make your house payment....some of that money is going towards someone's pension. It is just not called a 'tax'. But you are still paying for it.

Top Bottom