• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Some of you may remember a few months ago I posted here asking about carrying at Disney. Long story short, after watching security checking anybody and everybody carrying any type of bag or belt pack, I decided I would carry my PT745 in my smart carry the last three days we were there. I successfully carried in Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios without incident, and nobody died, panicked, ran for their lives, or soiled themselves. The first three days we were there, I left it in the room safe. I did find it funny that as the security guards were digging out tubes of sun screen and juice boxes for inspection I was standing off to the side with my EDC nicely concealed.;)Anyhoo, we had a good time, and it's way hotter back here in good ol' Indiana than it was down there at Disney.

Side note- I firmly believe that if a zombie apocalypse were to happen, it would originate in a place like Disney. With the mass of people, from the far reaches of the world, all being bottle necked into the relatively small confines of the place, it would seem to be the perfect breeding ground for some un-known disease to go wild. (yes, I really did spend a lot of time thinking about that sort of thing. I also went through about 10 gallons of hand sanitizer while there).

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Oh Crap! Mickey is going to be pissed!

Actually I've read that International Flights are a prime breeding ground. Hundreds of people breathing the same recirculated air over and over again. Once the flight lands everyone vectors off to all part of the country.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    When I was at Disney I thought the baggage inspections were bizarre.

They checked every inch of my daypack, but did not check any of the pockets, pouches or compartments of any strollers that I saw.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sitting in the Fort Wilderness resort at Disney right now. No gun on my person but they are in the car about 20 foot away. Don't think I will tempt fate at the parks but it is goid to know there are some armed citizens around.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.

Actually I've read that International Flights are a prime breeding ground. Hundreds of people breathing the same recirculated air over and over again. Once the flight lands everyone vectors off to all part of the country.

I can vouch for the international flights spreading germs. At leasthalf of the time I get sick in the next few days after spending 15 or so hours on the Atlanta to Dubai flight. I've started taking Emergen-C before and after and it seems to help prevent it. If you dont use it give it a try before and after the next time you will be stuck with a lot of people in a small space for any amount of time.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Strong Work. Its funny how all these security measures slow things way down and irritate people but its relatively easy for a determined intelligent person to push something through. I think about this everytime I tell the story about how my hair gel was confiscated at the airport in Indy. I'm sure the whole plane breathed a collective sigh of relief to know my hair would be mussed in the morning and I wouldn't be able to do a $%^ thing about it! :dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Strong Work. Its funny how all these security measures slow things way down and irritate people but its relatively easy for a determined intelligent person to push something through. I think about this everytime I tell the story about how my hair gel was confiscated at the airport in Indy. I'm sure the whole plane breathed a collective sigh of relief to know my hair would be mussed in the morning and I wouldn't be able to do a $%^ thing about it! :dunno:

Yep, all anybody has to do is observe for a period of time, and it can be done. I will add that I never felt "unsafe" while in any of the parks there, or even the hotel for that matter. I just find it much easier and safer to carry as usual, rather than make alternate arrangements for the safe storage of my gun.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I don't really have anything constructive to say. I do want to thank you for the AAR. It is good to know people still carry in places like this. As someone who owns a smart carry and has carried at parks like this, I do have one question. Did you modify your smart carry in any way? I only ask because I decided not to use the smart carry due to roller coasters and being upside down. Just kinda wondered if you put a strap some form of retention on it.

Again, thank you. That was nice intel!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yes, I had a 1" square of velcro sewn in the center of the opening, which leaves plenty of thumb room still gapped open. With the PT745, and where the velcro is located, it holds everything in place quite well. I bought the smart carry for instances like this, and this was the first time I've used it for any extended length of time, I have to say, although I can't get at the gun as fast as if I were pocket carrying, I really like the smart carry set up, and found it to be comfortable enough for 14-16 hours of continuous carry.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    serendipitous

Yes, I had a 1" square of velcro sewn in the center of the opening, which leaves plenty of thumb room still gapped open. With the PT745, and where the velcro is located, it holds everything in place quite well. I bought the smart carry for instances like this, and this was the first time I've used it for any extended length of time, I have to say, although I can't get at the gun as fast as if I were pocket carrying, I really like the smart carry set up, and found it to be comfortable enough for 14-16 hours of continuous carry.

This was your 2112th post and your signature line has RUSH 2112 in it.

Interesting. . . .

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Although I never carried in the parks, I did realize how easy it would be to get one in. Just send the wife through the checkin with bags, and I just walk through ushering in the kids. Never even got a glance from the "guards".

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Went in today. Bag check setup, but we did not carry a bag. Nobody searched me at all. I did find the fingerprint scan interesting. I wonder how many databases that bounced off of. Or maybe they just want to prevent somebody else using my card to get in. Did not take a gun but I did carry a small pocket knife and my SureFire with no problems. I am sure the flashlight would have set off a metal detector if one were present.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Went in today. Bag check setup, but we did not carry a bag. Nobody searched me at all. I did find the fingerprint scan interesting. I wonder how many databases that bounced off of. Or maybe they just want to prevent somebody else using my card to get in. Did not take a gun but I did carry a small pocket knife and my SureFire with no problems. I am sure the flashlight would have set off a metal detector if one were present.
    Yes, those print scanners are sort of odd, but I know they have been using them for at least six years, as they had them the last time I was there. I did worry about losing that key card, some body could really have a ball if it wasn't noticed missing for a while, and I've only seen the scanners at the entry point. I charged several things to my room with that card, and nobody verified my identity.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife choose not to have an account to charge to. So our cards are only for gate entry and the fast passes. We can just use Visa and cash.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    How many INGO'ers were at Disney World this past month? :):

We were at the parks for six days and had a wonderful time. I've carried into Disney before when I lived in FLA but this time I left them in the room while at the parks.

It's easy enough to carry, just keep in mind that you are getting into and out of a lot of rides, make sure it is SECURELY on your person and completely concealed. No printing either. Get caught and you will be BANNED from the parks. You also won't get a refund on any remaining tickets or anything else from them.

Meaning if you had 3 days of park admissions, 8 meals and 2 nights hotel stay left and get ejected for having a firearm, you lose the tickets, meals and hotel you prepaid for. You did read your terms and conditions didn't you?

That said, when my wife and I left the hotel room (we stayed on property) there were 4 handguns in the safe and a AK74 in a duffel bag in one of the dresser drawers. :cool:

I am 'religious' about carrying for self defense however the Disney parks are a place where I truly feel that carry isn't really needed. Maybe a BUG, but if something does happen, the best option in that setting is to retreat, especially if you are with your family with little ones. That's where the BUG comes into play, if you are trapped in a bathroom or one of their 'holding' areas on some of the rides/attractions.

The bag checks at Disney are 100% for show and Disney security knows it. The actual security is something you never see and is first class.

Downtown Disney on the other hand is someplace you probably should carry however.

As to the finger print scans, they do scans depending on how long the lines are. Short line? You get to scan your finger. Only one of our six days did the finger scan thing happen and it's only for adults, not kids. It is what it is.

For those of you who haven't been, Disney World advertises itself as "The Happiest Place on Earth". It probably is ;)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I walked through their inspection area because we had a stroller. They missed a big bag at the bottom under a poncho and my short's thigh pockets were stuffed full of kids stuff (never checked)

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Mickey-1.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics