• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I lean more toward the hard to get anymore Uncle Mike's grips, but prefer the factory boot over these UC grips.

And of course while looking things over realized I've got another adjustment to make on this thing, pin on the ejector latch isn't fully seated
    Yeah, that is a bit proud on the left side. A quick tap with a punch should resolve that.

I do like those Uncle Mike's grips. Unfortunately they're next to impossible to find anymore, and when you do folks tend to know what they've got ($$$). I like the factory ones just as well, and they're still pretty easy to find and a lot cheaper. The Uncle Mike's have harder rubber and better checkering, but the way I hold the gun it doesn't really make any functional difference.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I lean more toward the hard to get anymore Uncle Mike's grips, but prefer the factory boot over these UC grips.

And of course while looking things over realized I've got another adjustment to make on this thing, pin on the ejector latch isn't fully seated
    Here's a set of two grips with some other assorted junk on GB for 75.00.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Here's a set of two grips with some other assorted junk on GB for 75.00.

That’s a pretty good deal just to get the j frame grips. Just got my set off eBay for $42 shipped.

CB1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    I know some of you already have one of these ultimate carry J's, but is anyone currently seeing them in the gun shops?

I have yet to see one in the wild. I am really interested in only the 32 H&R mag versions

Hopefully the QC is getting better on these as time marches on in production.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I have one of these in the shop for a trigger job.
    Black 38.
    I really like the sights and the grips feel and look good but I prefer rubber for shooting.
    Gun had different springs from what comes stock In a j frame.
    Customer bought new and some one had been in side of it as the yoke screw and thumbpiece screws were marred a little.
    Inside someone did some work(and did it wrong) and I cleaned up their mistake and did some sear work to get it where it needed to be.
    I'm pretty sure that the work was not done by S&W.
    Possibly Lipsey’s did some work or had it outsourced at a shop?
    Nice gun either way.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I know some of you already have one of these ultimate carry J's, but is anyone currently seeing them in the gun shops?

I have yet to see one in the wild. I am really interested in only the 32 H&R mag versions

Hopefully the QC is getting better on these as time marches on in production.
    It's a Lipsey's exclusive, so I imagine only Lipsey's dealers will have them. I was at 6 different shops today and didn't see a single one. I got mine at Michiana Firearms in Plymouth, as they are a Lipsey's dealer. It's still going strong after the initial teething issues got resolved. Just put another hundred rounds through it the other day.

Top Bottom