• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't have a source but I hope it's real.... I didn't get a link to the article and I'm a bit busy to search for it...

Simply Unbelievable!

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to REQUIRE VETERANS carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty.

The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families whom you know.

How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader?

When are people going to wake up to what he is doing to our country?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Never been to truth or fiction, but I'll pass on factcheck.org. I don't believe squat from them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm sorry, but regardless, if a soldier goes to war and comes home with injuries.... He fought for US. We owe him. I'll glady help the VA Hospital and pay my taxes to support health care for our veterans. I'd just like to see them get better care.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Never been to truth or fiction, but I'll pass on factcheck.org. I don't believe squat from them.

Same thing on snopes. Seriously though, do you really think that Obama would say something like this? This guy just finished running the smoothest photo op, sound byte, public appearance, pie in the sky promise laden campaign in our lifetime. He's a well handled, polished politician.

You can't believe everything that winds up in your inbox. snopes.com: Barack Obama on Veterans' Health Insurance

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    yea.. me too. I prefer my news to come with no sources what-so-ever.

really, I mostly just believe in the email forwards I get sometimes. anything else is just B.S.

:cool:

LOL!!!

Yeah, don't believe the people that spend their day TRYING to DEBUNK these crazy rumors.

Jeeez.

:popcorn:

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    Im not sure how many vets you know personally but my family member receives good VA benefits, and all his ailments that may have been caused in Iraq, are looked after. I think its a knee jerk reaction to always blame the gov, especially with the high profile horror stories that make the news, but all of my direct experiences tell me that our vets get taken care of. It's a difficult service to offer to so many vets, but I know people try to make it work...there are good and bad on both sides that make it a huge challenge.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Im not sure how many vets you know personally but my family member receives good VA benefits, and all his ailments that may have been caused in Iraq, are looked after. I think its a knee jerk reaction to always blame the gov, especially with the high profile horror stories that make the news, but all of my direct experiences tell me that our vets get taken care of. It's a difficult service to offer to so many vets, but I know people try to make it work...there are good and bad on both sides that make it a huge challenge.

I've known quite a few vets that have had problems with the VA. Maybe things changed, I don't know. I just know what they told me.

Ok, maybe it is fake. Maybe someone overheard a conversation. Maybe it was all just a spoof on a comedy show. Either way. :rolleyes: I thought it was interesting.

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I'm sorry, but regardless, if a soldier goes to war and comes home with injuries.... He fought for US. We owe him. I'll glady help the VA Hospital and pay my taxes to support health care for our veterans. I'd just like to see them get better care.

:yesway: Yes, that goes without saying.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    I've known quite a few vets that have had problems with the VA. Maybe things changed, I don't know. I just know what they told me.

Ok, maybe it is fake. Maybe someone overheard a conversation. Maybe it was all just a spoof on a comedy show. Either way. :rolleyes: I thought it was interesting.
    I def agree that vets that need assistance due to their service of this country should receive the best, but I know it isnt perfect, so at the least, its good to keep attention on these issues.:yesway:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    IF you have Medical Insurance, the VA will enter a claim for your health care. Part of signing up is to give them and keep them up to date with that information.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    IF you have Medical Insurance, the VA will enter a claim for your health care. Part of signing up is to give them and keep them up to date with that information.

I go to the VA since I am a full time student and lack health insurance. If I did have health insurance I would not. There are better places to go if you do have insurance :twocents:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I am at 10% from the VA, retired from working now, did have some good insurance on a rider from wife's policy before she retired, the VA better be good, it's all I have now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom