• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    As I see the U.S. move to the Right. Largely and almost exclusively due to D.J. Trump.
    I am witnessing the rest of the supposedly democratic, civilized world do the same. Some more Right, some Left. They are looking at/to us for guidance and direction.

That is they are moving to their own Right. Or Left. Each country having their own set of values and virtues. Mostly European countries. Just my observation.

Each of these countries have their own set of values. Each of these countries have their own idea of what is right and left. And these countries are very close geographically.

My major question is, what does that do to me or us as Americans. Where will this division in ideology lead us? Where will this division in thinking lead my descendants? Just a passing thought. But one that worries me greatly.

There are some supposedly great thinkers and good orators here on INGO, I would care to hear or read there thoughts on the subject.

For myself, I’m old. But I’d like to think I can leave my descendants a good place to live and raise a family. What does the INGO have to say on the subject?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I see the opposite Mij. I see America and other countries continue to slide to the left. Look at England and France jailing people for posting memes on the internet as just one example. Jailing people for daring to speak out about the atrocities committed by "immigrants" while doing nothing to stop the problem. I think (and hope) that we should move back to the right, but I don't think we're there yet.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    You may get 54,739 different answers. That's the number of INGO members.

Some say the world is sliding left, some right but I see a slide toward more centralized government controls, more defect spending and decreasing civil and economic liberties.

I'm not too concerned with the social outrage of the day. They tend to resolve themselves. I worry about the national debit, uncontrolled immigration and military aggression in the South Pacific.

My kids are headed for a world that enforces greater compliance from citizens while reducing their economic freedom through inflation, taxation and regulation. They'll see ever increasing urbanization with amazing advances in technology and medicine.

The left/right social divide seems to be more of an urban/rural social divide. Our country is becoming more urban.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Political divides have historically been a bell curve, with most people in the center. Thanks to social media and the liberation of information and effective demonopolization of media, it is increasingly becoming an inverted bell curve. This has been going on for some years, but the division was mostly seen online. In recent years, especially recently (eg. riots in the uk), we’re seeing this jump off the phone screen and into the real world, with people being more prone to express their views as they see things get worse and realize it’s not enough to say it online.
    As this has happened, we’re quickly seeing the masks come off of governments, who seem to me to be increasingly unapologetically totalitarian, especially since Covid, and increasingly concerned with overtly pushing globalist agendas.

I don’t know the answer to your question, and nobody does obviously. But I can pretty confidently say it leads nowhere good. It’s not just political division. There are a lot of pieces falling into place setting up some really suboptimal conditions. This goes way beyond disagreeing with your neighbor on the marginal tax rate. We are moving away at breakneck pace from the days of simple disagreement and into both sides believing the other side are their mortal enemies.

Tough days ahead IMO. The evil in the world certainly seems to be more active than ever and the pace is quickening. But, be prepared, not scared.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll begin my answer to your question with questions.

What do you see as indicators of this move to the right?

Right of what? Right of where we are currently? Right of where we were 20 years ago?

I do not see Trump as right wing. He is accused of such by the media and Democrats merely as a smoke screen. I see him much more centrist.

To me most of what I think you are referring to is merely a backlash for how far left the country has swung over the last 15-20 years. Someone posted this in another thread, and I think it explains things pretty well. I see Trump as being the guy that says "me"

1725196849369.png

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll begin my answer to your question with questions.

What do you see as indicators of this move to the right?

Right of what? Right of where we are currently? Right of where we were 20 years ago?

I do not see Trump as right wing. He is accused of such by the media and Democrats merely as a smoke screen. I see him much more centrist.

To me most of what I think you are referring to is merely a backlash for how far left the country has swung over the last 15-20 years. Someone posted this in another thread, and I think it explains things pretty well. I see Trump as being the guy that says "me"

View attachment 377185
    In the words of Joe Walsh (James Gang/The Eagles, not the politician) Everybody's so different, I haven't changed.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I don't see the US moving to the right. What I do see is a reaction to the US moving to the left, and leadership's reaction to that. We will end up either with the French Revolution or 1984.
    @Leadeye generally I agree, but replace French Revolution with the Mozambique Civil War. If this Nation goes sideways, I suspect the fighting will largely be zonal and territorial. I know I am not going willingly let the Urbanites head out into the suburbs, and I suspect the rural areas will want nothing to do with the sububanites. There may well be the potential for an alliance between suburbia and rural areas to create a going economic system.

I suspect the urban areas will likely just become killing fields. (really anyplace dependent upon city water and sewage)

Minus X and a handful of other options (like INGO), we've effectively reached 1984.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    @Leadeye generally I agree, but replace French Revolution with the Mozambique Civil War. If this Nation goes sideways, I suspect the fighting will largely be zonal and territorial. I know I am not going willingly let the Urbanites head out into the suburbs, and I suspect the rural areas will want nothing to do with the sububanites. There may well be the potential for an alliance between suburbia and rural areas to create a going economic system.

I suspect the urban areas will likely just become killing fields. (really anyplace dependent upon city water and sewage)

Minus X and a handful of other options (like INGO), we've effectively reached 1984.

I really should clarify that, by French Revolution my meaning is just a general revolt of some kind. 1984 means a slip into totalitarianism with no resistance.

I figure a revolt could run the gamut from a general strike, Howard Jarvis style tax revolt, and worse. We are already heading into 1984, all that is really missing is the 9 dogs or the Thought Police, George Orwell's names for macoutes.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom