• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    What do you guys think about 9mm(9x19) as a defense round? I have heard arguments that accuracy is more important than caliber and that 9mm does not pack enough punch. I currently have a glock 19 I use for carry. Is it enough?

Ummmmm.............. YES!!!

Carry fresh, high quality self defense ammo, practice a lot, make sure you can hit your target, and know how everything on your gun works. Then........ relax knowing that you are adequately armed!!! :rockwoot: :patriot:
    :cheers:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This constant 9MM discussion amuses me. Therefore, I shall issue the following decree:

All the dead people killed by 9MM are now officially issued a Get out of the Grave Free card. The 9MM round that ended your life was not designated as having enough power to stop you, so you are now declared alive retroactively.

There. That should put an end to it.

Oh, wait just a sec.

All the people who have ever been shot and wounded by, or have even had a 45 ACP round pass close to them, are hereby ordered to die, or at least stop all agressive action retroactively.

While we're at it, anyone ever hit with a 10MM is hereby ordered to explode.

Hopefully, this will clear up the argument.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I saw an after action photo of a fellow hit in the head with a 9mm out of an MP5. Bullet skidded off his skull, and other than some nasty looking stitches, the mope was fine.

I am NOT knocking 9mm! Strange stuff happens in gunfights (I've been told). The 124 +P 9mm has produced some 1 shot stops for various PD's.

It's a crap-shoot boys and girls. What may work this week, won't next week. Carry the biggest gun YOU can control, and pray to your god daily that you don't have to use it.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    9v45_poster.jpg

(Actually, I enjoy beating dead horses. The counterpoints, whether I agree with them or not, are often interesting. Usually I learn something new too, even if it is only something about people and not ballistics.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom