• ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I've got an iPhone on ATT and contract is almost up. Paying $85 / month

-450 minutes with rollover (perfect...never go over)

-Unlimited data

-1500 text messages

Is $85 right or am I getting jacked? I came from Sprint where it was cheap but I must have the iPhone because I'm a Steve Jobs fan boi. Thanks!

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Seems kind of high but depends on your data plan. ATT technically doesn't carry "unlimited data", they just believe that 2MB/GG (can't remember, lol) is more than most people will use on their phone.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Is this before or after taxes? I pay $82/month usually for my Droid (but that's after a nice discount for work) with nationwide talk and text (I text a LOT) and unlimited data (use data for work a LOT too).

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Being that I'm on T-Mobile waiting to see if the deal actually goes through, yeah I'd say $85 is pretty high. There are quite a few people that have unlimited text, data, and 500 minutes a month for $65-ish a month.

If the deal ends up going through, I won't be going to AT&T because of the costs.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    This is before taxes. I have a discount through work that brings it right around $85 after taxes and the discount.

I'd like to hear from people who are paying less than me for an iPhone on ATT :popcorn:

Is this before or after taxes? I pay $82/month usually for my Droid (but that's after a nice discount for work) with nationwide talk and text (I text a LOT) and unlimited data (use data for work a LOT too).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is before taxes. I have a discount through work that brings it right around $85 after taxes and the discount.

I'd like to hear from people who are paying less than me for an iPhone on ATT :popcorn:
    My total bill was $92.59 for an iphone and another line. I have a family plan that gives me 550 minutes a month with rollover, no texting (actually have it blocked) and unlimited data on the iphone. If you got an iphone early on, you got unlimited data and you can carry that over as long as you are with AT&T. I also have a 10% discount through my employer.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    We have two in the family, so my "per iPhone" cost comes in lower than that because of the "add a line" discount. My work discount is 12%, the two lines with unlimited (grandfathered) data usage and unlimited texts for my wife (who texts a LOT) comes in at just under $140/mo

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    142$/mo for my iPhone on ATT :/ Unlimited calling/texting (I use it for our nagios setup, durring a bad month i easily burn thru 3-4000 texts) and 2GB of data. Id love to go to a smaller plan, but the overages make it cost more.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I've got the same exact plan. I stayed with it because I use a TON of data and I'm still grandfathered in the unlimited plan. I've shopped around and can't find anything better.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ya, She would know.

I've accumulated over 3500 roll over minutes and the unlimited data is nice. Just seems like a lot of money but I guess you gotta pay to play with the iphone. I priced verizon but they can't do any better.

jennifer said that's the right price, and I would think she would know.;)

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I have a Droid, the HTC Inspire, and I am coming in right around $80/month (total bill), and that is with a 15% work discount.
    Sounds like you and I have about the same plan as well.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Ask HR what your discount is... Ours is 15%. Take the discount pretax. Then add all the stupid charges and tax... Mine is about 72 a month after tax. I'd wait until late June it so to do it because I think that is when another version of the iPhone comes our.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Does Verizon do corporate discounts?

BTW - My bill with Verizon for 450 min + unlimited text and data runs $99 + tax + ins. Dunno where I screwed myself when I set it up a couple years ago?

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    My iPhone 4 (AT&T) bill is $95+taxes/fees before my employer discount is applied. My discount is somewhere around 8-10% off the monthly charges.

This is for 450 minutes, 2GB/month data, and 1000 text messages.

Top Bottom