• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    How many times do we have to say it... Your kids WILL find you guns, and regarless of what you teach them there is a change they will not obey you when you're not looking. Do not leave a loaded gun unattended. Store guns unloaded and inaccessaible to children and unauthorized persons. Store ammunition separately. Regardless of the outcome, the parents are negligent.

couldn't have said it better!!!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    what boggles my mind is why the 11 year old is being charged with murder, yet the parents are not being charged with child neglect or negligence. An (average) 11 year old does not have the cognitive capacity to commit murder. Homicide is killing someone, murder is the intent to kill someone. While an 11 year old might "want to kill someone," they (on average) do not fully understand the concept of death and the permanence. Especially with video games where you re-spawn when you die.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I disagree. It's not the chronological age, but the fact that we coddle our children too much in modern society. Most eleven year olds are incapable of being responsible enough, but I know some that are more mature and responsible than 40 year olds.

^^^ This ^^^:rockwoot:

Look I understand that modern society makes children grow up faster in some respects but also it delays maturity at times also.:n00b:

When I was a kid, I stayed by myself at times when I was 10. I had to. The govment wasn't giving us money for babysitting and my mother had to work. True when I was younger my older brother was there but that ended and I was on my own.

At my dads house, there was a 44 mag pistol, 44 mag rifle, .22 rifle, and MY bb and pellet guns. We knew exactly how to use them and where they were. Did we get them out and play with them? Hell no because our dad would have seriously caused us as arse whooping. These arse whoopings are not being done today. "spare the rod, spoil the child".

Oh I did things to get in trouble for sure but all things are held in comparison. Guns were no toys and I/WE KNEW it.

Today, you hide these things, and then it makes it a 'taboo'. Did any of you ever sneak one of dads beers? We I did have to sneak it, if I wanted one I could ask. At that age it was something I really didn't want so it was a non issue.

I am so sick of this world condemning parents for the wrong things without the facts. Yes the parents in this case were possibly wrong according to the media but what if it WAS locked up and the kid got it out? My kids know exactly how to get them out and to use them.

Plus after reading the article it seems the 11 years might not be all there?? Murder? There is more to the story then as we shall see.

Top Bottom