• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    There is a video on youtube, I think its broken into 2 parts. But its titled. Never talk to a cop(or police i can't remember) and its a Police officer talking about how they operating and what they are looking for, and how easy it is for them to get you to say something that will wind you up in trouble. I would link it but i dont have access to youtube at work.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have to constantly remind my wife about this. She grew up in a family where for generations no one has broken any laws. They don't speed (she does, she's the black sheep) they don't do things if there's a law against them. Squeaky clean folks.

It just doesn't make natural sense to my wife. Why wouldn't she help the nice officer? She KNOWS she didn't do anything wrong, and she knows that police officers are there to help her.

I've explained why and painted scenarios for her, and then she gets it, but when I bring it up months later she'll say, "Why is that again?" Just not in her internal makeup. She also doesn't care about politics or stuff like that. She's just had her head down working hard, producing and paying taxes her whole life. That other stuff is what she sees if she slows down enough to sit in front of the TV.

Good post, reminds me it's time to have that talk with her again.

fountainjl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    As someone who previously worked in law enforcement, I can tell you without a doubt to Never consent! Believe it or not, not All cops have the best intentions! lol

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    As someone who previously worked in law enforcement, I can tell you without a doubt to Never consent! Believe it or not, not All cops have the best intentions! lol

Yep, they'll intention the hell out of you up in Denver if you film them with your cell phone. They'll intention you into the pavement, then intention your face in.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    i got pulled over in fishers a few years ago (forgot to turn on head lights.) Cop asked if i knew why i got pulled over, "Yep it took me about to lights to turn on my head lights. Im dumb, i just plain forgot." the office asked for my lic and reg. went back to his car ran it. came back and said he was just going to let me know since i knew what i did and corrected it. then he started to turn to walk away and said "your free to go, but do you mind if i take a look in your car anyways?" i wasn't even really thinking. I figured i have nothing to hide so i said "sure, theres nothing in here tho" they searched found nothing sent me on my way. I told my co workers about it, and one of them lectured me and yelled at me for it. it took about a month before he got it all out of his system.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Soooo.... you're saying that this has never been discussed here? Ad infinitum?

Wow. So that's the standard.

Fenway, did you get that? It's time to shut INGO down. Since pretty much every possible topic in the Universe has been discussed on INGO multiple times, it's time to pack 'er up.

You should drop in over at Handguns and let them know about 9mm stopping power, and then go over to Long Guns and give them the news about AKs vs. ARs, and then go to Survival and get all in their business about Fast Zombies vs. Slow Lumbering Zombies.

(I made that last one up, but you get the idea.)

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Wow. So that's the standard.

Fenway, did you get that? It's time to shut INGO down. Since pretty much every possible topic in the Universe has been discussed on INGO multiple times, it's time to pack 'er up.

You should drop in over at Handguns and let them know about 9mm stopping power, and then go over to Long Guns and give them the news about AKs vs. ARs, and then go to Survival and get all in their business about Fast Zombies vs. Slow Lumbering Zombies.

(I made that last one up, but you get the idea.)

you forgot

glock vs 1911
    and
    open carry vs Conceal carry

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    There is a video on youtube, I think its broken into 2 parts. But its titled. Never talk to a cop(or police i can't remember) and its a Police officer talking about how they operating and what they are looking for, and how easy it is for them to get you to say something that will wind you up in trouble. I would link it but i dont have access to youtube at work.

Here is the youtube presentation Don't Talk to Police Parts 1&2 together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

It is a tad over 48 minutes but well worth watching. Part 1 is presented from the Defense Attorney's perspective. Part 2 is from the LEO perspective. It is an eye opener.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Why do I need one reason, let alone five to say No? It is easy. If you can't do it, practice it in the mirror.

Never say yes to anything. Never talk, period. Never try to prove your lntelligence by talking. Carry your Lawyer's phone number and a high limit credit card with it. Don't be afraid of the threat of "spending the weekend downtown." Assume you are going anyway.

It is a mindset you forge in your head. I taught my Daughter this from 1st grade on. It applies to all forms of phony authority.

fountainjl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    I want to say that video is Still shown to police cadets. It's good that it is. Cops need to be reminded what it's like to be a civilian from time to time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm probably jinxing myself by posting this, but I haven't been pulled over in years. And I don't think I was ever asked if the officer could search my car. I've read about these types of things alot over the last few years, so it must be a relatively new phenomena. I read FullMetal's post, so I'm wondering how pervasive this is amongst INGO members?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm probably jinxing myself by posting this, but I haven't been pulled over in years. And I don't think I was ever asked if the officer could search my car. I've read about these types of things alot over the last few years, so it must be a relatively new phenomena. I read FullMetal's post, so I'm wondering how pervasive this is amongst INGO members?

I don't think they do it randomly. I'm assuming they have a reason they think they might find something.

Top Bottom