• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would consider this one...

That said, my Holosun 509T on the G45 is a little tough to keep from printing or running into things. G45 longer grip adds to the issue and it could be that the lower profile EPS is not an issue on the G43x?

IMHO, the enclosed RDS is a great sight though, that hardly ever needs cleaned. I love the dot/32MOA ring sight picture. Very quick to pick up with older eyes.

I'm currently running the Holosun SCS on my G19. I like it a lot also, understanding that open emitters have issues that enclosed do not. I really like the low profile that co-witnesses with stock height sights. I put on Amerglo irons, but wouldn't think a thing about carrying with the SCS and leaving on the "plastic trash" factory Glock sights. Looks like the SCS might fit on the slim Glock pistols also?

FYI - the SCS is a small window sight. Little more learning curve on the less forgiving smaller window. Forces a lot more dry fire reps to stay consistent, so the dot is there every time, as it needs to be on your self defense pistol.

Last edited:

Tristen1997

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2023
    West Indianapolis
    Pricey but you can’t go wrong with an RMR. In this case an RMRcc. They are a forever optic. Trijicon customer service is phenomenal, but odds are you would never need them. They are built to last.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Pricey but you can’t go wrong with an RMR. In this case an RMRcc. They are a forever optic. Trijicon customer service is phenomenal, but odds are you would never need them. They are built to last.
    If it weren't for the SRO Trijicon would have lost my business some time ago. They are resting on their laurels and Military contracts and not innovating. I am not going to buy an optic I have to remove to change batteries on in todays marketplace. Besides that, of the roughly dozen optics I have had mounted on pistols since 2010 Trijicon has fared no better than the others in terms of durability.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    507k if you want multiple reticle options, 407k if your fine with a 6 moa dot. Can't beat them for the money. I've had RMRs, Burris Fastfire,s, Sig Romezero's, etc.
    My current EDC is the 43x with 407k (using the C&H Precision plate)

Attachments

• 20230118_175041.jpg
      20230118_175041.jpg
      745.5 KB · Views: 4

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Another vote for 507k.
    Battery life 50,000 hrs (5 year) and no need to remove rds to change it out.
    RMRcc 4 year battery life and need to remove rds to change battery. Costs twice as much.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Another vote for 507k.
    Battery life 50,000 hrs (5 year) and no need to remove rds to change it out.
    RMRcc 4 year battery life and need to remove rds to change battery. Costs twice as much.
    I get far less battery life than that. If you run the circle and dot it gets cut pretty dramatically. Running just the dot I was changing the battery every year. These 1632's are pretty small batteries. Of course if it just sits battery life may get close to the advertised but since I wear mine it is pretty much always on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I get far less battery life than that. If you run the circle and dot it gets cut pretty dramatically. Running just the dot I was changing the battery every year. These 1632's are pretty small batteries. Of course if it just sits battery life may get close to the advertised but since I wear mine it is pretty much always on.

I got just over 13 months on the 509T. Running continuous circle/dot on shake awake and carried literally all day. I was content to put the battery change reminder on my birthday for each year.

The jury on the SCS is still out. Carried it since September 1. No signs of problem with it. It lives under cover clothing continually, other than unholstering a couple/three times a day. No battery changes for it, (battery permanently built in, user unserviceable.) It's supposed to live for ten plus years???

Last edited:
    Top Bottom