• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    That's just stupid. I shoot 3D targets almost exclusively, mostly due to the great 3D range less than a mile from my house. But also for the practical considerations; when hunting, you are not shooting at paper on a backstop. You can shoot from differemt angles and see how the shot actually penetrates the animal, thus learning how to make cleaner kills.

All this because a couple yuppies, who admittedly don't know about archery or hunting, thought it was mean:nuts:

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I'm sure these are the same kind of people that think no animals were hurt to make store bough meat.

I didn't believe that people actually thought that way until I heard a lady in the store telling her daughter(I assume) that she can't believe that some people actually eat meat that comes from animals...as she was picking out ground beef! :facepalm:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    There can be problems when using 3D targets...........arrows can skip off and go well past them. Set one in front of your normal bale a bit too much and the arrow can still clear the hopeful backstop.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    thanks hookeye,
    a very thoughtful response to what seems like PC stupidity. It actually could be a safety concern.
    It's hard to believe that Diane Feinstein is reelected year after year, until you see the people voting.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Somebody will always be offended by something. The only way to avoid offending everyone is not to be anything at all. California is leading the way in being nothing. And to think I once thought I would like to live there. So glad I didn't follow through on that one!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom