• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I took a doe last week, 121# dressed, quartering to me and down in a flat (me on a slight ridge/treestand too).
    Clipped edge of onside front shoulder, blew away a lung and chewed a hole through the liver over 2" in diameter. Blew rib in entrance too.
    Did not get past diaphragm. Bullet dinked rib ahead of it but stayed inside. Found about a 50 gr chunk of lead, rest must have flopped out with the organs.
    I dug around a bit and still couldn't find it. 200 gr Hornady.

Shot was about 55 yards. Deer reaction was to just gun it for all she was worth, cover 30 yards with shotside leg up and slam a big fallen tree. Proly dead when she hit it, no movement after.

Hopefully shoot a buck a little farther out tomorrow, see if I can get an exit or if not, recover the bullet :)

TC Super 16.

Bullberry has reg TC synth stocks for $50, ordered one as the tacticool Choate/Magpul just doesn't look right.

Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    So I read this whole thread and took special interest in the trimming of the collet of the Lee Factory Crimp Die. I think every aspect but one was addressed, perhaps I just missed it. But, my question is simply this; Once the Lee Factory Crimp Die has had the collet shortened, can you still use it to crimp ammunition of standard length by just not screwing in the die as far? I was wondering because I hunt in other states beside's Indiana and perhaps I would want to make some standard length ammo as well. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    No. You'll need two separate crimp dies. One for standard length and one trimmed down for you Indiana deer special rounds.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    So I read this whole thread and took special interest in the trimming of the collet of the Lee Factory Crimp Die. I think every aspect but one was addressed, perhaps I just missed it. But, my question is simply this; Once the Lee Factory Crimp Die has had the collet shortened, can you still use it to crimp ammunition of standard length by just not screwing in the die as far? I was wondering because I hunt in other states beside's Indiana and perhaps I would want to make some standard length ammo as well. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Yes you can but you will need a spacer or a washer that is the same thickness as the amount of material you removed from the FCD.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom