• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    So now I am also in the market for a .308. I need something AFFORDABLE, reliable, accurate at long range, and customizable. It can be very basic in the beginning but i want the option to customize in the future if possible.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    the remington 700 or the savage will fit your bill. everyones definition of affordable is diffrent. these to can be bought for less than 600 bucks. not including scope, rings, bases

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    DO either one of those have a heavy barrel or is that something that shouldnt concern me?

that is somthing that should concern you if its going to be mainly a range gun. i bought this 308 a couple weeks ago. it works pretty well

Savage 10FPSR LE 308 THREADED BBL $668.00 SHIPS FREE

if you dont want it threaded it runs about 600.

dont worry about the scope combos, the included scopes will not work for long range shooting

ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Also with this what kind of scope should go on it? I know there are a bunch out there but I dont know about the BDC and all that.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I was in the market for a .308 and looked at the Savage and Remington 700 SPS. If you keep an eye on Dick's, you might find a 700 for around $500. I was waiting for a sale when I got a deal on a Howa 1500 with a 20" heavy barrel. The Howa has a great trigger that is adjustable and Bell and Carlson make stocks to fit the action. Mine shoots great with 168 gr. handloads.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Also with this what kind of scope should go on it? I know there are a bunch out there but I dont know about the BDC and all that.

way to many options, and purposes to give a blanket answer on that.

i own a optics company and advertise on ingo. all i do is specialize in optics. give me a call (765) 580-0986 pm me, email me alan@aaoptics.com.

my main purpose is walking new guys into the perfect scope for their use and budget. ill have quite a few questions that you may not have thought much about so a call might be best. ill be avaible to talk all day tomorow. you really have to be carefull picking out a scope. not only is it every bit as important as the rifle (arguabably more important) but there are alot of marketing gimics that dont work in real life on the scope market today that are ment to trick you into buying somthing you dont understand

Top Bottom