• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    -10 rep: asking for information provided in the original post. :nono:

:laugh:Reading comprehension was never an INGO strong suit!

OP, take a good look at the Tikka T3. Guaranteed sub-moa, nice factory trigger, and not unreasonably priced. I dolled up a R700, but my sister's T3 is just as good out of the box.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    30.06 and .308 are so similar, there is no significant difference between them. My choice for whitetail is the .243. The deer won't know the difference between any of them.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I had the same dilemma this year and opted for the .308. After reading many articles online I was able to see that the .308 was fully capable of taking all big game in north america should i ever decide to use it for something besides deer. I then shot both calibers and realized that the .308 was more pleasant to shoot from a recoil perspective. It wasn't a huge difference but enough that I could tell so I decided why not have the gun that feels better to shoot if it can kill anything the 30-06 can.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've been in love with the 30-06 since I shot my uncles garand growing up, and my ruger American shines in this caliber. I have a 308 as well and I enjoy it also but there's something about a 30-06, I will always have one!

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    With these 2 rounds being so similar, I am thinking that I should simply look for a good deal an a good rifle. That said, I found a Marlin X7 in 30-06. I have been reading on the X7 and it seems to be a really nice rifle for the money. Anyone have any opinions on this rifle?

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Right now, CDNN Investments has the Ruger American in .308 with a camo stock for 299.00 and free shipping.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-americanr-308-wolf-camo.html?___SID=U

They also have the black stock and camo stock for that same price in 30-06. That is a great rifle, i used one to take two deer this year. You normally see these go for 369.00 on sale so even with a 15.00 tfer fee your still doing good.

I have purchased from the site before and everything went well.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    With these 2 rounds being so similar, I am thinking that I should simply look for a good deal an a good rifle. That said, I found a Marlin X7 in 30-06. I have been reading on the X7 and it seems to be a really nice rifle for the money. Anyone have any opinions on this rifle?

a buddy at work snagged an x7 for deer season and seemed to like it. I did help him sight it in and it seemed nice. My bolt gun is a ruger American and I love it, great feel, function, price, and good accuracy for me!

Right now, CDNN Investments has the Ruger American in .308 with a camo stock for 299.00 and free shipping.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-americanr-308-wolf-camo.html?___SID=U

They also have the black stock and camo stock for that same price in 30-06. That is a great rifle, i used one to take two deer this year. You normally see these go for 369.00 on sale so even with a 15.00 tfer fee your still doing good.

I have purchased from the site before and everything went well.

$299 is a great price new, I paid almost that for mine used!!!

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    Buy one of each then decide which you like better. There are plenty of buyers on here for the one you decide against. ( at a huge discount of course)

Top Bottom