• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    That would be fun but shipping would be a little salty!! Not really sure why the $10K deposit is needed. 13,000 lbs of 5.56 would last a little while.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    That would be fun but shipping would be a little salty!! Not really sure why the $10K deposit is needed. 13,000 lbs of 5.56 would last a little while.

They probably expect it to go that high, they sell a lot of 'scrap' metal on that site... pipe fittings and other random pieces of metal. I imagine that most of the spent brass is bought up by scrap metal dealers.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Who ever buys the brass could be a big fool - most of them are likely to be the cases from blanks (crimped tips).

Also, might want to read this...

Rip-off Report: Government Liquidation LLC, Governmentliquidation.com, DOD Surplus LLC FRAUD, DISHONEST, RIPOFF, LIARS, THIEVES, CRIMINALS, UNPROFESSIONAL Scottsdale Arizona

:yesway: This is a pic from the auction. Check out the 50 cal and the left 556 casing, crimped...

12728361.jpg

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Most of the crimped brass can be sized and loaded just the same if need be.

FYI, for anyone interested that thinks the $10,000 deposit is high, you might want to do a bit of research. I saw 3 lots that closed out in the last week, the largest of the 3 was a bit over 3,900# that finally sold for $13,652. The other went for equivalent prices per pound. Kind of allows an understanding of why the mandatory destruction law was disallowed. 3+ dollars a pound as opposed to 3 cents.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Who ever buys the brass could be a big fool - most of them are likely to be the cases from blanks (crimped tips).

Also, might want to read this...

Rip-off Report: Government Liquidation LLC, Governmentliquidation.com, DOD Surplus LLC FRAUD, DISHONEST, RIPOFF, LIARS, THIEVES, CRIMINALS, UNPROFESSIONAL Scottsdale Arizona

That sounds like a limited case... as most of the auctions say the stuff is at 'such and such military base' at least they used to. They had a bunch of scrap copper fittings I was going to bid on last year at Crane... but it said you had to pick them up in a dump bed, and had to take all at once, couldn't make multiple trips.

And one of the complaints says they've been dealing with them for SIX years and keep having problems... ok duh... I would have quit after the FIRST time, surely the SECOND... I wouldn't keep dealing with them and getting burned for SIX years.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom