• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yes it was! It was right there on the shelf a big as a pimple on cheerleader's nose! A 1,000-round box of Winchester M22!

I was so shocked I nearly walked on by in disbelief.

"That can't be right!" I thought. "No way there's a box of .22LR on the shelf at 07:45hrs. Not at Walmart."

But I did a double take, and sure enough, there it was. I looked around and there was the clerk taking inventory at the end of aisle, and he even had the key to ammo cabinet. I checked for other calibers, but there was no 9mm. Only .357, .40 (all WWB) and some .22Mag. Even some Tula .380—lots of this.

So, I finally scored some .22LR, just had to drive >1,000 miles to Pensacola, FL via Easton, Maryland) to find it.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::)::)::)::)::):

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... Rub it in. On a positive side, I did score some .45 at Wallyworld the other day but when I went back they tricked me. Their shelves were full, but it was all 12 gauge, 10 gauge, .410, and a tone of rifle cartridges. Good for those looking for 5.56 or 7.62, but not so much for those of us who want food for the pistolas.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Just picked up some CCI Stingers at WM in Decatur....$6.47 a box. Lady working said she wished they were gone so she could get some work done........

rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    If you don't mind me asking... How much did that box set you back? I'm trying to judge what the new market is going to be like, but I have yet to see it on the shelf anywhere.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Fear not, you can backorder a 1400 can for $59 at Midway. Just beware of multiple smaller items per my post:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...on/318559-watch-out-midwayusa-backorders.html

Looks like the crisis is about to come to an end and they are finally truly getting caught up on inventory (in which case it might behoove you to wait a month and get the exact ammo you want, without having to backorder).

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Glad to see the .22LR is making its way to the shelf across the state, and that prices are staying reasonable. Now, if I could just find some 9mm on the shelf . . . :)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My local WalMart has a plethora of ammo on the shelf today, anything from bulk 9mm an 40S&W to Privi brass cased 223. But still no 22lr. I would love to get my hands on one of those boxes of M22. All the times back when before all this started I walked past them on the shelf not thinking anything of it:ugh:. Good score OP, wish the rest of us luck :):.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glad to see the .22LR is making its way to the shelf across the state, and that prices are staying reasonable. Now, if I could just find some 9mm on the shelf . . . :)

Walmarts near me seem to have plenty of Federal 9mm. I'm hoping the 100 packs, and the WWB 9mm start coming back as it is a bit cheaper than the Federal.

Top Bottom