• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Haven't sold any ammo in years. I think the joke is just as much on the flippers as it is on the short sighted whiners who can't find ammo.

I pass by a Walmart on the way to and from work that is literally 2 miles away. Even if I were GUARANTEED a bulk pack at $20 every other trip and were GUARANTEED $50 for that same bulk pack, I wouldn't waste my time. It'd be at least 30-40 minutes of my time per bulk pack making those 2 trips to buy it. Then I'd have to get on the net and advertise it and filter through IM's and emails to sort out interested buyers from the butthurters. Then I'd have to either box it up and hassle with the ORM-D shipping or spending even more time doing meet ups.

I can make more money for less hassle going to work, thank you.

I see your point, that's why I suggested the flippers are unemployed welfare freeloaders with nothing but time on their hands.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How is buying a brick of ammo ever month for 15 years and never using any of it NOT idiotic? Think about what you just said. That is a perfect example of mental illness.

I am by no means posting against having a good stock of ammo. A true man is prepared. Its the mentality that someone suddenly needs 50k-100k of ammo out of paranoia that is pure idiocy.
    It is getting to the point that the stockpiling itself is a hobby, and not the shooting part. Which is also known as compulsive-hoarding. A type of Obsessive-compulsive disorder. Yes you heard me right - a mental illness. Look it up if you don't believe me.

I know I'm stepping on toes here, but people need to wake up to what they are doing. This post isn't against the people who shoot 100k/year training for competition, or those who shoot 20k/year in drills/practice. Its for the people who only shoot 1k/year or less and have this never-ending need to buy more, even when they have over 100k.

Wake up people.
    So what? Seems like an old woman poking her head out the window to see what the neighbors are doing just so she has something to complain about. Isn't it more sane to just not give a **** that other peolle have different priorities than you?

Wake up? Do you honestly think that everyone who has different priorities, likes, and dislikes are that way because they're sleeping?

treeman22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Indy North
    So what? Seems like an old woman poking her head out the window to see what the neighbors are doing just so she has something to complain about. Isn't it more sane to just not give a **** that other peolle have different priorities than you?

Wake up? Do you honestly think that everyone who has different priorities, likes, and dislikes are that way because they're sleeping?
    Did you actually read my post? There is a mental illness called compulsive-hoarding. Some people in the shooting world suffer from it.
    Just trying to help out those I care for. Sometimes its hard for people to admit they have a problem, and it takes someone to jar them awake before they realize it.
    If you want to be a paranoid OCD person, that is your right I suppose. If common sense isn't your thing, then so be it. Your not my problem.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I have some money I want to invest for a 10-15 year period. Why not ammo, guns and accessories? Looking online, bank CD rates are at best 2%. With bulk pack ammo, even if there never is another panic and I resell at Walmart prices in the future, what investment could beat it? It was just 5-6 years ago that Federal bulk packs at Walmart were $12 a box and jumped to $14. Before this last scare, they were $19. Now, they seem to be in the $23-25 range when Walmart has them on the shelves. I don't think I'll buy in unless they go to $20 or below.

Pmags - Are they ever going to be cheaper than $9.89 each? If the going rate is $15 10 years from now, am I going to beat that for a 2% bank CD?

One thing is for sure. There will be another panic. Just wait until Hillary wins in 2016. Might even happen before if dems pick up seats in both houses.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    How is buying a brick of ammo every month for 15 years and never using any of it NOT idiotic? Think about what you just said. That is a perfect example of mental illness.ood stock of ammo. A true man is prepared. Its the mentality that someone suddenly needs 50k-100k of ammo out of paranoia that is pure idiocy.
    People that have done this & recognized a 300%+ return on investment will disagree with you.

I am looking at it as investment as well for diversification of liquid assets.

I understand that it is possible for some to have a hoarding issue, however if that is the case it will be obvious in other aspects of their life as well.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Wonder how long that sale is for. Might order 2-300.

That is a regular everyday price. I've seen them go as low as $9.18. Remember, these are the plain black Gen-2 with no window. I've bought over 200 of them in the past year. I may get another 100 or so before I retire at the end of this year. Man Venture Outpost is very good to deal with, and they ship fast. Mine arrived in 3 business days. Check with them for other AR-15 accessories as well. Their prices are usually the lowest.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did you actually read my post? There is a mental illness called compulsive-hoarding. Some people in the shooting world suffer from it.
    Just trying to help out those I care for. Sometimes its hard for people to admit they have a problem, and it takes someone to jar them awake before they realize it.
    If you want to be a paranoid OCD person, that is your right I suppose. If common sense isn't your thing, then so be it. Your not my problem.
    I'm fairly astonished that you're making psychological diagnoses from posts you read in an online forum. I'll give you the same advice I give my mother in law when she works herself into a frenzy. Close the curtains and stay away from the window. Find something to take your mind off of how the neighbors wash their car. They probably don't care if it uses more water. You're not paying their water bill.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona

When I can't get to the fridge, or the bathroom to take a dump, because of all the ammo and magazines stacked up in the hallway....Then I'll start to worry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have some money I want to invest for a 10-15 year period. Why not ammo, guns and accessories? Looking online, bank CD rates are at best 2%. With bulk pack ammo, even if there never is another panic and I resell at Walmart prices in the future, what investment could beat it? It was just 5-6 years ago that Federal bulk packs at Walmart were $12 a box and jumped to $14. Before this last scare, they were $19. Now, they seem to be in the $23-25 range when Walmart has them on the shelves. I don't think I'll buy in unless they go to $20 or below.

Pmags - Are they ever going to be cheaper than $9.89 each? If the going rate is $15 10 years from now, am I going to beat that for a 2% bank CD?

One thing is for sure. There will be another panic. Just wait until Hillary wins in 2016. Might even happen before if dems pick up seats in both houses.
    I bought an AR right around the Sandy Hook shooting. If I'd have only known. I could have bought two and sold the second for enough to pay for the first.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I bought an AR right around the Sandy Hook shooting. If I'd have only known. I could have bought two and sold the second for enough to pay for the first.

Yes, but we all know how immoral it is to buy things hoping to get a maximum return on investment. People don't buy stocks hoping to double their money. People don't buy gold and other precious metals as an investment or a hedge against out of control inflation. People don't invest $100,000 in their 401k's hoping it will grow 5 or 10 fold for a cozy retirement. The moral thing to do is invest at 1-2% while focusing on the needs of your fellow man

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    When I can't get to the fridge, or the bathroom to take a dump, because of all the ammo and magazines stacked up in the hallway....Then I'll start to worry.

goodpost.gif

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Why is it when I try to explain "guns/ammo as an investment" my wife gives me 'the look?' It sounds plausible to me even as I practice it out loud--getting ready for the pitch :D

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Why is it when I try to explain "guns/ammo as an investment" my wife gives me 'the look?' It sounds plausible to me even as I practice it out loud--getting ready for the pitch :D

My wife agrees with the economic aspects of investing in guns and ammo. What she isn't excited about is the fact she will most likely have to handle the "selloff", and cash in after I take a dirt nap.

Top Bottom