• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Wrigley's in Fort Wayne on Lima road. Winchester copper wached, $0.07 per round, 235 round package for $15.99. No limit.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm holding out for regular unleaded at $1.25 a gallon too.

Meh, you can find bulk packs at $20ish bucks still, you just have to get to them before the scalpers. But as long as people ARE willing to pay that much for a non-essential then the price will stay up as scalpers buy everything in sight. Of course, those of us who saw this happen last time and stocked up deep when it was cheaper and far more plentiful will continue to be smug about towards the whiners who had the same opportunity, and have pity for the folks who started shooting since then.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm money ahead if I spend no time looking and spend a bit more money on ammo. My time's worth more.

I'm money ahead when I bought a case of 5000 CCI for $189 last summer. Even more money ahead when I bought a case of Remington for $169 a year and a half ago. Of course, I am currently shooting a case of Thunderbolts (yick!) I bought for $130 six years ago.

Money ahead indeed!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm money ahead when I bought a case of 5000 CCI for $189 last summer. Even more money ahead when I bought a case of Remington for $169 a year and a half ago. Of course, I am currently shooting a case of Thunderbolts (yick!) I bought for $130 six years ago.

Money ahead indeed!

I last paid $13.95 per 550 round federal bulk packs. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's a wide gulf between supporting the "gougers" (I shudder to even use that term....so "Big Brother") and paying more than we used to.

I have bought 4-100 packs of Win. Super X in the recent past, a brick and several boxes of Thunderbolt and Federal premium and spent more than I used to, but not "gouger" prices. I didn't have to go out of my way at all. I suppose I could call for delivery schedules, stalk trucks, hang out when the doors open and drive from store to store and wait in line and ....whatever....but frankly, that seems silly and desperate to me. Two traits I try to avoid.

So I spent $8 or $9 for 100 rounds of Super X so what? I won't use the numbers, but if I spent an hour looking for cheaper ammo rather than working (and I work according to my own schedule), I just gave up several times that amount.

Wes225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    I think a lot of you guys need to get your heads out of your asses and realized that prices will NEVER be the same as they where before sandy hook. When manufacturers/retailers realize people will buy this stuff at a ridiculous up charge why on earth would they drop them back down? It's about making money guys, and if you're buyin' it, they ain't lowering it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think a lot of you guys need to get your heads out of your asses and realized that prices will NEVER be the same as they where before sandy hook. When manufacturers/retailers realize people will buy this stuff at a ridiculous up charge why on earth would they drop them back down? It's about making money guys, and if you're buyin' it, they ain't lowering it.

I won't buy another coke again til it goes back to a nickel.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Stopped by, it looks like the store isn't selling 22LR, 22LR is being sold at the store and as such it is cash only.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It is not the manufacturers, who are raising the prices. I just last week bought a box of 525 Remmington Golden .22 from dicks for $20. I doubt that Dicks is going to take a loss on that. It is the aftermarket distributors, retailers, and the individual capitalists, who are making all of the profit.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    It was explained to me that one of the gentleman's father's bought it from local stores and was then selling it at Wrigley's. You can only purchase it with cash. I don't carry cash, so I didn't purchase any.

Top Bottom