KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Still waiting on the Senate side, SB 199 Is up for a hearing in the house courts in criminal code committee next Wednesday the 31st

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's almost 2000, no Judiciary Committee schedule for next week up yet. Let's keep the emails and calls supporting HB 1369 going, no sense in taking the foot off the gas now.

I'll post the draft for SB 199 (Self Defense, differentiates pointing a firearm and deadly force) later. It's not ConC, but it's important to support as well.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Draft for SB 199 and a link to the committee.

Representative,

I am writing to encourage your support of SB 199, Self Defense. This bill was authored by Senator Michael Young and Chris Garten, and co-authored by Senators Baldwin, Busch, Crane, Koch, Kruse, Leising, and Tomes. SB 199 is sponsored in the House by Representative Chris Jeter, and corrects a longstanding problem that resulted from an Indiana Appeals Court decision.

SB 199 does not change when reasonable use of force includes deadly force. Likewise, SB 199 does not make it legal to point a firearm at someone without the imminent threat of unlawful force. What SB 199 does do is accurately define deadly force.

Over 20 years ago, the Indiana Appeals Court ruled in Nantz v State that the act of pointing a loaded firearm was deadly force. Inference and possibility are not the same as deadly force by any stretch of the imagination. SB 199 simply specifies that pointing a firearm is reasonable force in a self-defense or arrest situation, correcting over 20 years of judicial overreach.

SB 199 is a very short bill, changing very little in current Indiana Code. Better defining reasonable force will be of great help to Hoosiers in self-defense situations, and afterwards. I’m sure I can count on your support with this important legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone Number

Email

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    INGO CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY CALL TO ACTION SOUNDER (you now hear the intro to Ridin the Storm Out, trust me)

Per The2AProject FB Page: look for the Judiciary Committee to post the bills for next week's hearing today.

Beginning at 0830 (phones open at 0830):
    - Call 317-232-9400
    - Ask to leave a message for Senator Liz Brown
    - Please support HB 1369 and schedule it for a hearing

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH!!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I keep hitting the refresh button, no update as of right now. 317-232-9400 is the number to call if you haven’t already today.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I keep hitting the refresh button, no update as of right now. 317-232-9400 is the number to call if you haven’t already today.
    Second verse same as the first! No update as of right now, surfing Ingo at lunch? On your phone? You know what I’m going to say next.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Needless to say I’m not real happy right now. Only three bills up for Wednesday, 1369 ain’t one of them.

We’ve seen bills put in on Monday before, email this weekend, call on Monday.

I managed to not type the words I said out loud and at quite high volume when I saw the list...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I changed it up a bit, but the truth will never see the light of day with Sen. Lonnie Randolph.

As a constituent, I ask you to insist that the Senate Judiciary Committee schedule House Bill 1369 for a hearing, and also, support it.

This critical bill ensures that law-abiding citizens, your constituents, can exercise our right to self-defense without government red tape and delay. This bill does not change the criteria for who is eligible to possess or carry a handgun. Any infringment imposed on a fundamental right is too long, especially during these times of uncertainty, when more citizens are choosing to exercise their Second Amendment rights for the first time, to defend themselves and their loved ones.

In light of the recent tragedies in Atlanta and Boulder the right to self defense is imperative.

It is your duty to up hold the Second Amendment, the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be INFRINGED.

The Indiana State Constitution, Article 1 Section 33 states, The PEOPLE SHALL have the RIGHT to bear arms for the defense of THEMSELVES and the STATE.
    Art I Sec 32, Tom. Otherwise excellent. Sad to say you’re correct that Lily-livered Lonnie won’t want it even heard.

ETA: And apparently, neither does Sen Brown.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Needless to say I’m not real happy right now. Only three bills up for Wednesday, 1369 ain’t one of them.

We’ve seen bills put in on Monday before, email this weekend, call on Monday.

I managed to not type the words I said out loud and at quite high volume when I saw the list...
    Such a shame that we have so many who want to dress like legislators and be paid as legislators, but don’t want to actually work as legislators.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Let’s keep doing what we’re doing: email, call, lather, rinse, repeat. Guy mentioned the Rinos may try to replace ConC with free lifetime. It’ll go back to the House and not be approved, that way there is no vote on it.

Be ready to pivot in a hurry, we might go from strongly support to strongly oppose in one press of the refresh button.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Let’s keep doing what we’re doing: email, call, lather, rinse, repeat. Guy mentioned the Rinos may try to replace ConC with free lifetime. It’ll go back to the House and not be approved, that way there is no vote on it.

Be ready to pivot in a hurry, we might go from strongly support to strongly oppose in one press of the refresh button.
    Gutless. Primary every single one of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom