• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Aww man, this coming right after I got two 6-24 refurbs. oh well, it's not like they were going to be anywhere near the delicious price of the refurbs anyways. Is the 1-6 going to be a ffp scope? And will you be doing some reviews when they are official announced? Thank you for your time. -Ben

The 1-6 will not be FFP. If it were FFP, I wouldnt really have much use for them. Your really dont want to do 1-? and FFP.

I doubt I do a review. I get tired of the people saying "your review is worthless because you sell them". I will personally run them, and I will talk about them, but I wont do an official "review"

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Absolutely.

FFP is mainly beneficial for ranging, and holdovers. On a 1-? FFP, the reticle has to be accurate. On 10-30x zom that is no issue, on a 1-? it makes for a very small reticle.

The backside to it is, MOST SFP scopes are accurate on the max power setting. So on a 1-4/1-6 unless your shooting something like a 9mm carbine, by hte time your shooting long enough distances to holdover, or measure range you will be on 4, or 6x anyways where the reticle is accurate. Basically if your shooting a 5.56 at 300 yds where you are starting to hold over, and you have a 1-4, you will be shooting on 4x, not 2x.

When your dealing with higher zoom scopes then you might be on a lower than max zoom, and need to holdover.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Aww man, this coming right after I got two 6-24 refurbs. oh well, it's not like they were going to be anywhere near the delicious price of the refurbs anyways. Is the 1-6 going to be a ffp scope? And will you be doing some reviews when they are official announced? Thank you for your time. -Ben

Where did you get refurbished Vortex scopes?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm really looking forward to the 1-6 PST Gen 2 and the 3-15x44 :rockwoot:

Availability Spring 2017... any idea when in the spring?
    I'm attending a 3 day precision rifle class in April and would really like a Gen 2 PST 3-15x44 on top of my new Ruger Precision 308

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm really looking forward to the 1-6 PST Gen 2 and the 3-15x44 :rockwoot:

Availability Spring 2017... any idea when in the spring?
    I'm attending a 3 day precision rifle class in April and would really like a Gen 2 PST 3-15x44 on top of my new Ruger Precision 308

Nothing firm, but I would doubt you have it for the class. A good option would be to buy a refurb gen 1 4-16x50 for about 1/2 the cost of the 3-15. Use it until the 3-15 comes in, then sell the 4-16 for real close to the price you paid. The refurbs are stupid cheap. I have multiple shots across the US buying them, and flipping them.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Alan, any word on what's going into the PST Gen 2 1-6? Are these getting Japanese HD glass, or are they staying with a full Philippines build? Are they still being built in the Philippines?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I believr they are still philippines glass and build, but to completely diffrent standards. Im not certain on that as i have been on the road for awhile, so i dont have access to all my info.

Top Bottom