• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Man! They're really dropping like flies...

"Jockularity! Jockularity!" God rest your soul, William Christopher.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    People you are fond of tend to die off more frequently as you get older. Strange that.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Wow. It just seems like we`ve lost more this year than usual. The older we get, the more pronounced it will be I guess.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    His chaplain role wasn't the usual Hollywood "religious people should be made fun of" role.

Quite true.
    I'll forever remember the episode where he took a rare step to the fore when the 4077 had a visit by some celebrities.
    One of the celebrities was a champion boxer who was greatly admired by Father Mulcahy (an avid boxer himself), but the boxer suffers a fatal stroke that leaves him in a coma for at least a day before succumbing.
    While the boxer lies in a coma, Father Mulcahy sits down next to him, alone, then explains that he admired him so much from having seen him in a match years before in which he had stopped the match to save his opponent from the pummeling he had given him, showing what a true class he was, even in a boxing match.
    Mulcahy also brings up during his monologue with the dying boxer how his own life philosophy had long been based upon a combination of Plato's idea of the "ideal plane" with the real world that the boxer had shown him in that match.
    M*A*S*H* is on Netflix, and this particular episode is from Season 10, episode 19, titled "Heroes."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Quite true.
    I'll forever remember the episode where he took a rare step to the fore when the 4077 had a visit by some celebrities.
    One of the celebrities was a champion boxer who was greatly admired by Father Mulcahy (an avid boxer himself), but the boxer suffers a fatal stroke that leaves him in a coma for at least a day before succumbing.
    While the boxer lies in a coma, Father Mulcahy sits down next to him, alone, then explains that he admired him so much from having seen him in a match years before in which he had stopped the match to save his opponent from the pummeling he had given him, showing what a true class he was, even in a boxing match.
    Mulcahy also brings up during his monologue with the dying boxer how his own life philosophy had long been based upon a combination of Plato's idea of the "ideal plane" with the real world that the boxer had shown him in that match.
    M*A*S*H* is on Netflix, and this particular episode is from Season 10, episode 19, titled "Heroes."

Thanks. I'll have to look it up. Though I don't have Netflix. Maybe it's on amazon prime.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Burns, Potter, Blake, Trapper, Flagg and Mulcahy are all gone from the MASH crew if I remember correctly. IF you look at their ages, most of them were born in the '30's or early '40's.

I went to Washington DC for 1 day in 1984 or 1985 in the 8th grade with my Dad on a field trip for school. One of the most notable things I saw in the Smithsonian was the SWAMP and the OR from MASH. -Jason

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom