Not open for further replies.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    OK! Just got word...

The bill had some minor changes, which I've been told are good, and nothing bad. LSA (the guys who do the actual writing) now have to work those changes in, and the hope is to finalize it this afternoon.

I would give more detail, but I have none to give. Cards are being played VERY close to the vest at this time. The House and Senate both have to approve the changes since they were made in committee, but once made, they will be public.

:popcorn:

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    This has been interesting to monitor so far. The "how a bill becomes a law" process is just a tad different than I learned in civics class many moons ago. Thanks again, Bill for keeping us informed of sb 229. I see whew the senate convenes this afternoon. I am going to watch if they have the video up and running.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks BoR. ... more news than I have at the moment.

Keep pushing people, to keep on their legislators I suppose. ... and keep watching the IGA site for updates ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I noted just a few minutes ago a "Change" to the Conferees for Senate Democrat - R.Young Jr. moved to 2nd Advisor - with Broden D10 from South Bend replacing him as conferee. Broden voted against SB 229 initially in the Senate.

Thanks Lonehoosier - you made me realize I missed my picture with Madam Wattsername like the guy on The Truth about Guns ... by not going today.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I an getting that sick feeling that this is not goingto pass as we would like it too. I want to see the supposed changes...

Mark

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I an getting that sick feeling that this is not goingto pass as we would like it too. I want to see the supposed changes...

Mark

Ditto.... We NEED this one to pass if nothing else just on principle. MDA/MAIG needs to have some hot air knocked out of their sails and this is exactly the bill to do it!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ditto.... We NEED this one to pass if nothing else just on principle. MDA/MAIG needs to have some hot air knocked out of their sails and this is exactly the bill to do it!

It would help to have an honest press reporting on the facts. But what I've heard in the news is basically "Ahhh! those gun nuts want to put guns in schools!" :runaway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Interesting. I'm not sure what happens if the committee has two members who vote for Constitutional precepts and two who vote to disregard their oaths on the basis of ideology.

I also want to know why Sen. Young was removed as conferee.

Blessings,
    Bill

I noted just a few minutes ago a "Change" to the Conferees for Senate Democrat - R.Young Jr. moved to 2nd Advisor - with Broden D10 from South Bend replacing him as conferee. Broden voted against SB 229 initially in the Senate.

Thanks Lonehoosier - you made me realize I missed my picture with Madam Wattsername like the guy on The Truth about Guns ... by not going today.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    :popcorn::popcorn:

I'm hoping...I find it odd that what I assume is the most controversial bill was in a room that didn't have any video feed. Wonder what went down and if that was on purpose.

:tinfoil:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I found a snippet video on Channel 8 with ya'lls favorite mom ... stating and quote: "The lesson that should have been learned from Sandy Hook Elementary School is that Easy and unregulated access to guns must be limited, not encouraged. Yet these amendments do exactly the opposite." -

and piece concludes - "the committee recessed without reaching a concensus".

and now we wait; or seek info ...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I found a snippet video on Channel 8 with ya'lls favorite mom ... stating and quote: "The lesson that should have been learned from Sandy Hook Elementary School is that Easy and unregulated access to guns must be limited, not encouraged. Yet these amendments do exactly the opposite." -

and piece concludes - "the committee recessed without reaching a concensus".

and now we wait; or seek info ...

I don't consider having to kill someone to gain access to guns 'easy access'. I think she just pointed out her opinion on human life.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    News articles are appearing ... decyphering them ... compiling into 'menagerie' of understanding ...

1 point sticks out - ALL 4 CONFEREES must sign off on the 'conformed' legislation ...

Do We - NOW - start writeing Rep. / Speaker Bosma and Sen./President Pro Temp Long and asking for favorable conferees???

I have no idea - BoR - you have more experience on this - but it would not seem "inappropriate" ... we only have 2 days!.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom