• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It is sad when a grown man clears the zone on a penalty kill with less effort than a Squirt, then loses an edge when trying to recover. (Saad)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I hate to say this, but Crawford is killing us tonight.

1. He's trying to handle the puck waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much. Let the D take care of it unless there is a clear need to handle it.

2. In that last flurry, he was damn near three feet out of his crease. No need to come out that far from that angle with a D-man right there. We are lucky it isn't tied because of that decision.

He needs to settle down and play his position as well as he has in the previous three games.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    And furthermore, I have not seen games with so many broken or dropped sticks. It's like watching Mites at times!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I hate to say this, but Crawford is killing us tonight.

1. He's trying to handle the puck waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much. Let the D take care of it unless there is a clear need to handle it.

2. In that last flurry, he was damn near three feet out of his crease. No need to come out that far from that angle with a D-man right there. We are lucky it isn't tied because of that decision.

He needs to settle down and play his position as well as he has in the previous three games.

crawford is a mediocre goal tender. I personally think ray is more consistent. I see he is riding the bench, he was injured not sure if hes full strength or not.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    crawford is a mediocre goal tender. I personally think ray is more consistent. I see he is riding the bench, he was injured not sure if hes full strength or not.

Yes, they were neck and neck all season until Ray got hurt. If they lose tonight, I think Emery deserves the start Saturday.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Yes, they were neck and neck all season until Ray got hurt. If they lose tonight, I think Emery deserves the start Saturday.

I still think he deserves it. The announcers even called attention to him saying he was 17-1 during the regular season, how you go near perfect and dont get a start is beyond me. Especially with crawford giving up 5 glove side goals

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    the thing with starting Emery now is that he hasnt played since the regular season. He had a great regular season but the finals are much faster and he is going to have alot of rust. Unless Crawford gives up 4 unanswered goals, i don't see Emery playing.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    the thing with starting Emery now is that he hasnt played since the regular season. He had a great regular season but the finals are much faster and he is going to have alot of rust. Unless Crawford gives up 4 unanswered goals, i don't see Emery playing.

Very good point. You have to ride it out with Crow at this point unless he absolutely looses his shirt in Game 5.

It will be interesting to see if Ray sticks next year.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    And furthermore, I have not seen games with so many broken or dropped sticks. It's like watching Mites at times!

Speaking of which .... i didnt know it wa sa penalty to knock the stick out of someones hands. If someone goes to stick lift you or smacks your stick a little bit, and you drop your stick, is it still a penalty?

And

What a hip check on Sharp in the 2nd i think it was, he was so bitter.

Watched the regular time and whenever i thought Chicago would run away with it, Boston came back, great game

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    This game was neck and neck. Game five is two days of rest away. It's going to be intense.

Speaking of which .... i didnt know it wa sa penalty to knock the stick out of someones hands. If someone goes to stick lift you or smacks your stick a little bit, and you drop your stick, is it still a penalty?

And

What a hip check on Sharp in the 2nd i think it was, he was so bitter.

Watched the regular time and whenever i thought Chicago would run away with it, Boston came back, great game

Didn't the officials call a hooking penalty on that guy for messing with Kane? I didn't really see anything wrong with what happened but I was half asleep.

Sharp was livid after that classy hip check. It was executed so nicely I can't even be mad.

THIS. Whatever Crawford was doing in the first three games needs to be brought back to the fifth.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I am watching a little of this series. As one that is not well versed in the ways of ice and puck, I find that I lose interest after a qtr. I do enjoy the game immensely when both teams have a player in the penalty box, otherwise the ice strikes me as cluttered.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I am watching a little of this series. As one that is not well versed in the ways of ice and puck, I find that I lose interest after a qtr. I do enjoy the game immensely when both teams have a player in the penalty box, otherwise the ice strikes me as cluttered.

I think if Chicago could have one or two 4-on-4s during the game, it would be to their advantage. The more room Kaner has to slice and dice, the more he can get done.

Oh, and post your hockey questions here, we can help! :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

Knowing the rules helps a ton, i actually didnt know what "offsides" means until i bought the video game

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

Part of the enjoyment I get from watching hockey is waiting for a team, or both teams, to have players in the box. Forwards are able to move around, set up, and connect a lot easier with less opposing players on the ice but sometimes they get lucky on a break away or one on two goal approach. Most penalties are near the end of the 2nd and during the 3rd periods because the players get more and more frustrated and make dumb mistakes.

Knowing the rules helps a ton, i actually didnt know what "offsides" means until i bought the video game

The NHL (insert year here) game franchise is my favorite sports video game to play. I understood how to play hockey before I started playing those games but after playing the NHL franchise for a few years I can SEE what the players are setting up for and what the end goal is.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom