• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Go to your local police department with your info, tell them you called the state police and they said to have your local police call. If you are close to Indianapolis...you can go in person. I finally done this last week and was told mine is being expedited. We will see. I applied in Feb.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The county that you live in has a lot to do with how soon you get the pink if you don't go with L1. The way I know this partly by Delaware County was holding my app and the County has up to 90 days to send it in to the state. Not having a common name helps along with clean record. Waited 1 month in 2010.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The county and state are very specific about payment, money orders only, L1 is an extra 10.00 paid online.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Also, if you live within Terre Haute city limits you may have to go to Terre Haute PD. Make a call or 2 and you'll know for sure.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    This will rustle some of your jimmies... I had a misdemeanor from 2004 in Florida and was approved in 3 days. I have no theories other than the ISP has a bingo roller and picks people at random. Figure that one out!

On a side note, according to Allen County's website: As of March 25, 2013, all handgun applications must be filled out online via the Internet at the following web address: Application for Handgun License. In the pop up box, select “Allen” for the county and proceed to fill out the application. When finished, hit the “SAVE” button to save the application.

Maybe the electronic application is the more important step (or combination with L1). I think we'd can all agree the system isn't functioning as it should.
    Not ruffled at all - the point is that if they delay your application due to a criminal history - it doesn't matter HOW you submitted the fingerprints. If you get delayed, they will not delay you more or less because you did or did not submit electronically.

Submitting electronically or via paper prints may or may not affect what they do or do not look into but that would be speculation on my part. The point is - that if they do delay you - that delay is the same regardless.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Everything I read back when I was waiting for mine indicates otherwise. At that point (early 2013) going paper took an extra few weeks. Not having a clean record was adding months and months.
    Two separate aspects.

Let's put it this way:
    Paper takes 2 months.
    Electronic takes 1 week.
    No criminal history adds 0 weeks.
    Criminal history adds 2 weeks.

Paper+No Criminal = 2 months. [2 month for paper + 0 week delay for no criminal history]
    Paper+Criminal = 2 months 2 weeks. [2 month for paper + 2 week delay for criminal history]
    Electronic+No Criminal = 1 week [1 week for electronic + 0 week delay for no criminal history]
    Electronic+Criminal = 3 weeks. [1 week for electronic + 2 week delay for criminal history]

Hopefully this makes more sense. No matter how you submitted the application - the delay for having a criminal history will be the same if you do get delayed for it.

The time frames above are arbitrary simply to make the point.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    MikeDVB layed it out pretty well. Depending on county or city can have a delay if not using L1. Work with guys from another county and they have no trouble at all and mine was delayed an extra week cause of the sheriffs dept. Can say Delaware county will delay if not using digital prints.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Right now I am outside city limits, I get to go see the guy who was the school liaison officer when I was in high school when I do it. Where is the closest L1?

I believe that there is a L1 in the strip mall behind Honey Creek Mall. It is the same mall that the Jade Garden Chinese place is in and it's fairly close to Dean's Party Mania.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My wife, once submitted, got her lifetime handgun license within two weeks. She got hers very recently. There was a couple of days administrative delay at the sheriff's department. I was very surprised that she got hers so quickly, but I assumed it was because she has no arrest record and the arrest records for women is much smaller than that for men.

Top Bottom