• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Libertarians should understand that the ultimate and singular purpose of government is to preserve liberty of the individual. That includes property and life of the individual. Police officers are a part of that function. It is not a good representation of libertarians to make blanket assertions about cops being a detriment to a free society. Whether or not officers help preserve freedom depends not only upon their individual behavior but on the types of laws we ask them to enforce.

Libertarians are not the enemies of police officers, nor vice versa.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Never met a single libertarian in all my years who'd go around confiscating firearms from people. Cop or not. As for Frank, he's just showing his usual butt hurt.

You don't actually know whether they would or not, unless they were actually called upon to do so and refused.

Until that point it's good intentions.

And again, it's easy to declare what other people should do, when you will never face that decision yourself. But I'm sure Frank appreciates the love!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    So Phylo said he wouldn't confiscate guns, and has shown that he hasn't, but you think he would.

Libertarians you know say they wouldn't confiscate guns and therefore they wouldn't.

By virtue of his employment he is already labeled a bad guy in your eyes. By that logic, I should be on a gun forum constantly complaining about black people as a black guy stole my car stereo when i was 18. ...i'm not that ****ing ignorant. I don't have time to hate a group based on one persons actions, and if i did, i would have missed out on some friendships and cool food options.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So Phylo said he wouldn't confiscate guns, and has shown that he hasn't, but you think he would.

Libertarians you know say they wouldn't confiscate guns and therefore they wouldn't.

By virtue of his employment he is already labeled a bad guy in your eyes. By that logic, I should be on a gun forum constantly complaining about black people as a black guy stole my car stereo when i was 18. ...i'm not that ****ing ignorant. I don't have time to hate a group based on one persons actions, and if i did, i would have missed out on some friendships and cool food options.

That's racist!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I would like to know more about these "cool food options" that you speak of.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think that SOME here use the term "confiscation" when referring to a court order...a warrant... or RS/PC. So us police ARE confiscating guns under that definition.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Not the forum to do that type of thing. It's a funeral, don't make it about a showing up the mayor. This should be about remembering the officer that passed. Turn your back on him some other time, because this act will be used by the media to overshadow the real reason for being there.

If the police detest the mayor so much, why wouldn't the fallen officer's family refuse to let him speak and tell the mayor he isn't welcome to attend? It seems like politicians just use police funerals as a campaign stop anyway.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think that SOME here use the term "confiscation" when referring to a court order...a warrant... or RS/PC. So us police ARE confiscating guns under that definition.

I learned on INGO that the "Right to keep and bear arms" has absolutely no limitations and no exceptions regardless of what the guys who put that in the Constitution believed when they put it in there.

You sir, are a tool of tyranny.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I learned on INGO that the "Right to keep and bear arms" has absolutely no limitations and no exceptions regardless of what the guys who put that in the Constitution believed when they put it in there.

You sir, are a tool of tyranny.

I will be referred to as Tyranatoolus Rex henceforth. Mods, can I get a screen name change please?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If the police detest the mayor so much, why wouldn't the fallen officer's family refuse to let him speak and tell the mayor he isn't welcome to attend? It seems like politicians just use police funerals as a campaign stop anyway.

Not sure how it is with NYPD, but funerals here are put on for the big bosses. Not by, for.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That's racist!

Where's my stereo?!! Marginalizing and classifying a group of people as bad based on a ignorance is fun! I learned something today!

I would like to know more about these "cool food options" that you speak of.

I used to hate catfish and ribs. I would punch my Caucasian mom in the face for some fried spicy catfish chunks right now. I blame Derrick for that....I also blame him for the 1990s stereo liberation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Where's my stereo?!! Marginalizing and classifying a group of people as bad based on a ignorance is fun! I learned something today!

I used to hate catfish and ribs. I would punch my Caucasian mom in the face for some fried spicy catfish chunks right now. I blame Derrick for that....I also blame him for the 1990s stereo liberation.
    That's some damn good eat'n right there. I don't care who gets punched.

Top Bottom