• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have been promising myself I would strip and put new tung oil finish on the grips of my 1911, just got done today.

It is from the last big batch made just before the end of the Great War in 1918.

All parts are intact and original except for the mag but "no", I haven't shot it yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been promising myself I would strip and put new tung oil finish on the grips of my 1911, just got done today.

It is from the last big batch made just before the end of the Great War in 1918.

All parts are intact and original except for the mag but "no", I haven't shot it yet.

Great patina on this one.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I picked this one up recently on Gunbroker. It was a build with a Wilson slide and tactical elite barrel and a Caspian frame. It's pretty solid but needs some updating and detailing. I'm guessing it's probably from the mid to late 90's as that's the last time I remember those barrels being available for sale as a separate part.

BndY6IT.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I picked this one up recently on Gunbroker. It was a build with a Wilson slide and tactical elite barrel and a Caspian frame. It's pretty solid but needs some updating and detailing. I'm guessing it's probably from the mid to late 90's as that's the last time I remember those barrels being available for sale as a separate part.

BndY6IT.jpg

Yeah I do not see those barrels anymore.

Nice piece.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

attachment.php

BndY6IT.jpg

:faint::drool:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah I do not see those barrels anymore.

Nice piece.

Thanks, I had one of the similar Nighthawk Predator barrels around 2006 which is on the pistol in my picture but I think I only got that by accident because they wouldn't sell me another one. Those were one piece barrels and not a threaded on cone (I think Wilsons are like that now too). It came with about a 2 inch long cone piece on the end you had to lop off and shape. Noted 1911 guy John Harrison fit that one for me for free but that's another story.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    OK it is done. Now I can post it up.....:)

This started life as a Springer Champion. Not much of the original left.

lbN191P.jpg

4ceM6Mg.jpg

I like that color. Is that EGW hammer I see back there? I'm looking to do the ignition kit on my ro and I'm at a loss of what to get and why. EGW seems to be a regular answer, but they have options and different hammers. Mine is a 9mm. I'm sure allen could tell me what to get, but I don't like feeling like i'm keeping him from work lol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like that color. Is that EGW hammer I see back there? I'm looking to do the ignition kit on my ro and I'm at a loss of what to get and why. EGW seems to be a regular answer, but they have options and different hammers. Mine is a 9mm. I'm sure allen could tell me what to get, but I don't like feeling like i'm keeping him from work lol.

There are a lot of options but the EGW stuff I use is just on point. This gun was built a few years ago. I did all the external stainless controls the magwell and the ignition parts. It was traded off and went through a few different safes. It came back this fall. Still a stellar piece and really needed nothing. Boredom set in and I let AllenM have his way with it.
    EGW parts are easy to use. Require very little as to stone work. Allen mentioned another brand he was trying out recently but the name escape me.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009

I like the koenig hammers a little better than the egw. They are just a touch lighter and I have seen a couple EGW hammers break under extreme use (we are talking 30k+ rounds). The egw sear and disco are both what i like. Just my .02.

Nice pistola church!!!

Top Bottom