• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I Picked this up yesterday. My first 1911 and probably not my last. :) SA Loaded. I was wondering what the "Loaded" stood for until I field stripped it. It was loaded with oil. :D

1911.jpg

Nice 1911 to start with. You probably won't ever find one that is noticeable better without spending big bucks! Excellent choice on your part.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Nice way to start! The "Loaded" means that it has all the Bells & Whistles you don't find on a G.I. model, beaver tail (...he said beaver), nicer sights, drilled trigger, upscale grips, improved finish, better barrel, you know, the good stuff!

It does NOT indicate that you need to be intoxicated when you shoot it, unless you live in Kentucky then it's OK as long as you are with your Niece/wife at the range.

Great looking gun, go here to finish it off with a Smith & Alexander mainspring housing/magwell guide:

Smith & Alexander - "The Mag-Guide People"

GMFS (Government Model Flat Stainless) is what you need, it takes some small knowlege of gun assembly to install but if you need help I can walk you through it via PM.

View attachment 25929 View attachment 25930

Thank you for the link and offer.

I thought the "Loaded' refereed to the amount of oil it had. :)

cmamath13, churchmouse told me to buy it. I figured he wouldn't steer me wrong. :D

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I Picked this up yesterday. My first 1911 and probably not my last. :) SA Loaded. I was wondering what the "Loaded" stood for until I field stripped it. It was loaded with oil. :D

1911.jpg

Nice way to start! The "Loaded" means that it has all the Bells & Whistles you don't find on a G.I. model, beaver tail (...he said beaver), nicer sights, drilled trigger, upscale grips, improved finish, better barrel, you know, the good stuff!

Nice 1911 to start with. You probably won't ever find one that is noticeable better without spending big bucks! Excellent choice on your part.

... churchmouse told me to buy it. I figured he wouldn't steer me wrong. :D

Nice choice for a first (or any) 1911. Let us know how she shoots.

Nice 1911! I'm thinking about getting an SA Loaded myself and from what I'm seeing here it sounds like a very good choice for a first pistol ever. :)

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    I bought a new Springfield Range Officer in 45ACP a while back at the recommendation of a NRA Master I know. Cycles everythng I have thrown at it flawlessly, including light target reloads with 185gr SWC's. Have a Weigand 1911 Scope Mount and a Matchdot to put on it (which I need to get done!). Rotator cuff surgery has kept me from shooting it since November. Hopefully will have a lot of fun with it this Summer.

LMYER

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I bought a new Springfield Range Officer in 45ACP a while back at the recommendation of a NRA Master I know. Cycles everythng I have thrown at it flawlessly, including light target reloads with 185gr SWC's. Have a Weigand 1911 Scope Mount and a Matchdot to put on it (which I need to get done!). Rotator cuff surgery has kept me from shooting it since November. Hopefully will have a lot of fun with it this Summer.

LMYER

I have a couple days off work next week so I'll get a chance to take the Range Officer 9mm out to the range and see what it can do. I'm pretty stoked about this pistol and forsee a good day at the range. This isn't my first 1911 and my others are more expensive but something about this one has me thinking it's a premium piece. We'll see.....

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Thanks for the thumbs up everyone. The first time I held that Defender, it just felt "right".

Like a lot of you guys here, I'm a 1911 addict, especially when it comes to Colts. When I see one this is pretty much how I feel. . .

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    My very first!!!! :rockwoot:
    Rock Island Armory 1911 A1 TACII FS
    It also came with 3 qts of oil!!! The LGS handed me a rag as he handed me the case. Wow, this wasn't corroding.
    Cleaned it and ran 9 down the pipe. Shoots like a dream.
    uFezny3.jpg

Last edited:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Just threw the "infamous" punisher grips on the Para Expert!
    Some think its tacky, thats ok, I love it.

1969363_2208373646568_1045103419_n.jpg

1798651_2208373526565_1614196383_n.jpg

Just ordered a "stainless" duracoat kit tonight also and this is what I'm doing.
    This is infact "stainless" duracoat. Note *doing the trigger also.

Think it'll look unique, I've dreamt of doing this to a para for awhile. Strange fantasy I have. I think it'll look even better with my extended thumb safety and "somewhat" of a beavertail

1898976_2202814147584_583466117_n.jpg

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I like that ALOT Spalding. I'd like to put that on the frame only for my RIA. It looks fantastic.

Top Bottom