• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    How complicated is it? To replace the wear parts springs etc? Do they require any fitting etc or should you be good to go with a Quality kit like an Ed Brown, EGW etc?

thanks

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    all springs except the sear and disconnector spring are pretty much drop in. I adjust those two fingers on that spring to specific weight that I prefer. you can just drop it in but it is very adjustable and can affect trigger pull quite a bit.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    all springs except the sear and disconnector spring are pretty much drop in. I adjust those two fingers on that spring to specific weight that I prefer. you can just drop it in but it is very adjustable and can affect trigger pull quite a bit.
    Thank you my slide should be at your shop by the end of the week, sending it usp since I am still annoyed with ups.

I am just trying to eliminate the obvious things that might cause the drag on the slide.

Really appreciate you.

Last edited:

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Here is a good article by Brownells:
    2½ lb. Trigger Pull
    by: Jack Weigand

I mostly use it for the section that details how to adjust the sear spring. It helps get the right balance of the disconnector and sear legs of the sear spring.

Attachments

• 1911 Auto 2.5 lb Trigger Pull.pdf
      95.6 KB · Views: 13

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thank you my slide should be at your shop by the end of the week, sending it ups since I am still annoyed with ups.

I am just trying to eliminate the obvious things that might cause the drag on the slide.

Really appreciate you.
    you might try a 1 piece guide rod if it doesn't have one

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Here is a good article by Brownells:
    2½ lb. Trigger Pull
    by: Jack Weigand

I mostly use it for the section that details how to adjust the sear spring. It helps get the right balance of the disconnector and sear legs of the sear spring.
    Pretty sure I want to stay in the 4.5 to 5 pound neighborhood.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Spring wise that is an STI recoil master guide rod setup. So it's not a standard commander recoil spring.
    Can you take a pic showing more of the slide upper lugs and of the barrel right above the lower lug? I can't tell if that is a reflection or marks where it is rubbing inside the slide

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Spring wise that is an STI recoil master guide rod setup. So it's not a standard commander recoil spring.
    Can you take a pic showing more of the slide upper lugs and of the barrel right above the lower lug? I can't tell if that is a reflection or marks where it is rubbing inside the slide
    It appears to have aftermarket ceracote. It has slight wear marks.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Pretty sure I want to stay in the 4.5 to 5 pound neighborhood.
    That's fine, but you can use this as a guide to get the weight for each spring where you want it. I have used that method to tune several bullseye 1911s. They need to be at least 3.5 lbs. They give an example of the weight for each leg of the spring for a 3 1/2 lb trigger pull. Just extrapolate for the desired trigger pull.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom