• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davis4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    I had the 9mm version for a little while. Never had a problem and once I figured out that I needed to bury the front sight it was dead on!
    I have a few friends with the 45 and again, never had any problems. I'd feel good about either one if I were you.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The rock island tactical 45 is on my wish list bigtime. My problem is that its really hard to argue for a 1911 when for about the same money you can have a glock or xd with about twice the ammo. The 1911 is an animal you just have to love for what it is though. FYI rock island also have a tactical version out now with a rail on it.

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    had my tactical 9 for a few mos now and am at 500rds. Gun is flawless in every way-0 malfunctions (115 ball) good trigger and sights,even the parkerizing which everyone says doesnt hold up is still perfect after 2-300 presentations from good holsters ie:Galco and Safariland. On a side note, I actully shoot ny 45 1911s better now because the lower recoil of the 9 let me see what I doing wrong

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I have an RI tactical, a Colt Commander, two Kimbers, two Dan Wessons, and an Argentine semi-clone. The RI is going away the best bargain, it shoots any kind or brand of ammo out of any magazine. It is more accurate than the Colt, at least as good as the Custom II, and while it isn't quite up to the Dan Wessons, at 1/3 the price it shouldn't be. I have made a few changes to meet my personal tastes, one sided safety, rubber grips, and bobbed a litle off the tail, but the gun has been both accurate and reliable right out of the box.
    IMG_0430.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Anyone have problems feeding JHP through the RIA 1911s?

Get some CorBon Pow'R Ball ammo...get the expanding bullet of a JHP with reliable feed action from a ball ammo profile. I've also like these cartridges. Not sure if anyone has had bad experience from them, but I never had. Use them in .45acp and 9mm all the time.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    ATI... equivalent in price and quality. By the way their MSRP is severely inflated from what you would pay elsewhere.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I went with a metro arms american classic government in hard chrome. I really wanted a chrome or stainless, and the RIA nickel just looked lacking in the finish department.

I'll let everyone know how it is when it gets to my FFL. Also, gotta find someone to put on some of these: Sight Set Government 3-Dot, MIL STD if I don't like the sights that come with it.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Anyone have problems feeding JHP through the RIA 1911s?

I have shot a couple hundred rounds of Federal Hydra Shock through mine to test them before using them in my carry.... absolutely no problem whatsoever..... Now I carry them in my RIAs on a regular basis.

Note - with a 45 many would argue ball ammo has enough stopping power to carry as defense ammo. I cannot say I disagree. If I had any problems with JHP, I would go with the reliability of the ball.

It's always a good idea to test your carry ammo in your pistol before you find yourself in a situation where you need to rely on it.

Top Bottom