• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wesley7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    west indianapolis
    bought new wilson combat bushings for my mil spec springfield pistol but one side (left side) does not thread, bushings too small what are my options or should i call wilson and explaine my situation?

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    the grip screw bushings? well, assuming the right side fit fine, i would assume the frame was damaged on the left side..it may have been tapped for oversized grip screw bushings on that one side already, or the threads are damaged? you could call them and ask they might even just send you some if they offer oversize

pics could help if you can get sharp enough detail

Wesley7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    west indianapolis
    thanks king..yes, the grip bushings fit on the right side but seem too small for the left but i never heard of oversized bushings? i will call wilson about this situation, my only other option i was thinking is to buy a new frame but that could be very costly.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    before you buy a new frame contact my gunsmith... PM me for info, and if you cant find oversized bushings, there is a good chance we can machine you some... wont be cheap, but will be WAY cheaper than a new frame....
    P.S. if you want to get rid of this frame if you get a new one, let me know i might buy your old one to practice a few things with.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    The threaded prtion that the grip screws fit into is very thin and they sometimes get stripped out. I had a 1911 that some genius lock-tited the grip screws, but not the bushings! I pretty well had to sdestroy the bushings to get the grips off without ruining them. They make oversize bushings just for situations where your frame is stripped out. I have had good luck using a very small amount of JB Weld to hold in the bushings. If you are handy with a torch, silver soldering them in would be a better fix.

Doug K

Top Bottom