• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If I had the money, I'd buy a 1911 today. But I feel like it would have to be a Wilson Combat.

I paid over a grand for a Kimber super carry custom HD and it has had a few hiccups so I'm not sure the amount you spend makes a difference .

On the other hand , I've owned several Glocks ( 9's and .45's ) and have NEVER , not one time had a problem shooting bottom of the barrel , craptastic , nasty Tula ammo out of each one .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I paid over a grand for a Kimber super carry custom HD and it has had a few hiccups so I'm not sure the amount you spend makes a difference .

On the other hand , I've owned several Glocks ( 9's and .45's ) and have NEVER , not one time had a problem shooting bottom of the barrel , craptastic , nasty Tula ammo out of each one .

You are comparing a Kimber..........:faint:

I have owned a few and will never ever buy another one. Every one had an issue of some kind. Inherent to the marque. They were all repaired and sold.
    Please do not base your 1911 dislike on a freaking Kimber.....please. They are over priced pretty's.

Every Springer and even the Colts ran like a machine from the get. The Rugers and the Remingtons as well.

No knock to a kimber owner. Some of them do run.

Now, Hammer....door stop....seriously......:dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We'll see what's still shooting in 2115, somehow I think there will be some now 200 year old 1911s still banging away.:)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I've never had a single problem out of my 1911's :dunno:

I guess it does help to know people though. :ingo:Thanks again CM! :cool:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    There's nothing wrong with Glocks. Even stupid people should have the right to self defense.

I keed.... I keed! I've shot a few glocks over the years. They're OK. I've owned a few 1911's and they suit my hand/grip/comfort level perfect. Back when I was a kid toy guns were still cool and came in the correct colors and shapes. I had a plastic 1911 that was actual size that I carried and played with forYEARS. To this day, nothing feels right in my hand BUT a 1911. I've put thousands of rounds down them and have had exactly one issue.... and that was a misc .40 in the ammo can that a friend loaded into the mag while we were shooting. It fed it, shot it (and even hit the damn target with no help from my inaccurate self) but couldn't extract. Can't fault the reliability of them. Then again I am not stupid enough to buy a Kimber so YMMV. Had 2 springers and a Colt.

EDIT: for the record CM is my hero and I hope to be just like him when I grow up! Paisly shirt, pink pants and all!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    not gonna lie... I kind of want a set of these:

71JBCJGiLHL._SX450_.jpg

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I have picked up Glocks, shot Glocks, tried to like Glocks, and I have achieved the enthusiasm level of "meh" a couple of those times. The thing about it is, they had the right idea, but the execution just kinda sucks. There are companies in the plastic game doing it much better than they are.

Grandpa was issued a 1911 in the Army Air Corp in WW2. He said if he ever had been shot down, he would have thrown it at the Germans. He said he had a better chance of hitting them with it that way. Well worn GI firearms can contribute to the reputation of a weapon. I was issued an M16 in basic that really turned me off on the platform until I got to shoot a nicer one. I've handled some M9's that were pathetic, but the ones I've shot have all been nice.

I just watched a customer at the Iron Kettle here in Sulphur Springs poke fun at a detective for carrying a Glock. It was pretty funny, especially since I was reading this thread when I saw it.

:rolleyes:.....dunno who'da hell AT'd be........Glock was 1st of it kind......everbody else been chase'n they tails, an' hang'n on Glocks nutzsack ever since....:whistle:

with 'AT said.......I LIKE 1911's......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00oG5gtD0Ho

but I CARRY.........a Glock......:yesway:
    Yeah......I know....:rolleyes:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Shot FNS this past week at MCFG, I seen 2 failures
    First a Glock 19, it was a gun related failure he cleared and moved on.
    Second a 1911 in 9mm, MINE!! limp wristing on a weak hand shot. I bumped the slide release and locked back the slide, hit the slide release and moved on.
    Ive owned LOTS of different handguns, All I want now are 1911's. Ive own the rest and settled on the best Model 1911.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Shot FNS this past week at MCFG, I seen 2 failures
    First a Glock 19, it was a gun related failure he cleared and moved on.
    Second a 1911 in 9mm, MINE!! limp wristing on a weak hand shot. I bumped the slide release and locked back the slide, hit the slide release and moved on.
    Ive owned LOTS of different handguns, All I want now are 1911's. Ive own the rest and settled on the best Model 1911.

:)
    ​(I have a polymer CZ)

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I kinda wanna disagree, but I really just feel privileged that Harley replied to my post. You're like Batman, Harley. I don't see you for a while, open a thread after you've already left, wonder where you've been, then BAM! There you are! Nice to get to talk to ya.

Top Bottom