• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Only thing missing on this gun [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] was checkered front strap.

I still have some hand cleanup to do

Last edited:

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Nice work Allen, looks great....Not that it matters, but just curious, 4th axis cnc cuts or fixture on a rotary table????

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Nice work Allen, looks great....Not that it matters, but just curious, 4th axis cnc cuts or fixture on a rotary table????

Thanks, It's a rotary fixture. I cant even afford 3 axis CNC let alone 4 :)

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Nice job, you should have been at Kennedy Tools auction a year ago.
    About a half a dozen 3 axis machines sold for less than scrap... You would have spent more moving it than it would have cost to buy it. All the cnc machines were turned on, software was running.. Sad ...sad..

I picked up a 20" Do-All vert metal bandsaw with a wheelbarrow full of new blades, including Carbide blades for just under 350 bucks. Nobody wanted it because it was 3 phase.. The only thing at that auction that sold for good money was machine tooling.

Oh and the 1911 is missing a Colt rollmark..

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Nice job, you should have been at Kennedy Tools auction a year ago.
    About a half a dozen 3 axis machines sold for less than scrap... You would have spent more moving it than it would have cost to buy it. All the cnc machines were turned on, software was running.. Sad ...sad..

I picked up a 20" Do-All vert metal bandsaw with a wheelbarrow full of new blades, including Carbide blades for just under 350 bucks. Nobody wanted it because it was 3 phase.. The only thing at that auction that sold for good money was machine tooling.

Oh and the 1911 is missing a Colt rollmark..

So many tools so little money.

Mine is a 2 axis which is limited but still does more then I can, if I get serious someday I will ad a 3rd axis but for just tinkering in my spare time I am ok for now.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Lol.. I do understand.. I keep looking at cnc mills, I could use one for a few things. What's stops me is the cost of moving it, and getting it in place at my shop, I already need to add another service panel in the shop, and the excessive cost of tooling up for what I want to do. It just doubles to triples the machine cost..
    It would be nice to clamp a piece of metal in a jigerony and hit the button and have it happen all by itself. Luxury's....
    And again, I like the work you have done on that pistol.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Lol.. I do understand.. I keep looking at cnc mills, I could use one for a few things. What's stops me is the cost of moving it, and getting it in place at my shop, I already need to add another service panel in the shop, and the excessive cost of tooling up for what I want to do. It just doubles to triples the machine cost..
    It would be nice to clamp a piece of metal in a jigerony and hit the button and have it happen all by itself. Luxury's....

I got lucky, a guy was just getting rid of everything I got a truck load of tooling with mine....But turned out I had to have the mill rebuilt, it is a Bridgeport though so to me it was worth it.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I got lucky, a guy was just getting rid of everything I got a truck load of tooling with mine....But turned out I had to have the mill rebuilt, it is a Bridgeport though so to me it was worth it.

Yes, well worth it.. I have a friend that works for Hurco that keeps his eye open for what I'm looking for.. Thanks.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Do a couple with a file and you'll think $200.00 is a SWELL deal. That's a beautiful job. Please show us more photos after you blend it all in. It's so nice to see really good work today. It used to take me at least 4 long evenings to do that with a file. And then 4 or 5 more days eating Tylenol for my wrists and elbows. All hail the Bridgeport.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Do a couple with a file and you'll think $200.00 is a SWELL deal. That's a beautiful job. Please show us more photos after you blend it all in. It's so nice to see really good work today. It used to take me at least 4 long evenings to do that with a file. And then 4 or 5 more days eating Tylenol for my wrists and elbows. All hail the Bridgeport.

Thnak you,
    When I first researched doing this I quickly learned that if I had to do it by hand with a file I had better things to do. it is still time consuming but more tedious then painful :)
    I will definatly post final pics

Top Bottom