• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest - Yahoo! News

Tragic, unfortunately, I am all too familiar with these type of "suspicious" calls. Though lacking in some facts, it appears that the "Captain" should be charged asap.

More information coming out in this case. It appears the police may have mishandled the investigation. Also some 911 tapes to be released

Treyvon Martin Neighborhood Watch Shooting: 911 Tapes May Be Released - ABC News

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    More information coming out in this case. It appears the police may have mishandled the investigation.

Why? Because ABC "News" says so? Have you considered that maybe that's what keeps stirring the pot and makes ABC the most money? The neighborhood watch guy has still not been charged. To do so after this much time has elapsed would be an inexcusable travesty of justice, regardless of how much the liberal media needs for it to happen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    More information coming out in this case. It appears the police may have mishandled the investigation. Also some 911 tapes to be released

Treyvon Martin Neighborhood Watch Shooting: 911 Tapes May Be Released - ABC News

What stands out to me....

Zimmerman says, "He's checking me out," and then, "This guy looks like he's on drugs, he's definitely messed up." "There's a real suspicious guy. This guy looks like he's up to no good, on drugs or something," Zimmerman can be heard telling the dispatcher.
    "These a**holes always get away,"

Witnesses told ABC News a fistfight broke out and, at one point, Zimmerman, who outweighed Martin by more than 100 pounds, was on the ground and that Martin was on top.

The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness.
    ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.

Jesus, if ever there was a "bad" shoot...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why? Because ABC "News" says so? Have you considered that maybe that's what keeps stirring the pot and makes ABC the most money? The neighborhood watch guy has still not been charged. To do so after this much time has elapsed would be an inexcusable travesty of justice, regardless of how much the liberal media needs for it to happen.

Wrong! If media influences the decision then it is a travesty of justice. If the investigation is still on-going, I don't care how long it takes, as long as justice is served....correctly, either for Zimmerman or Martin.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    What stands out to me....

Zimmerman says, "He's checking me out," and then, "This guy looks like he's on drugs, he's definitely messed up." "There's a real suspicious guy. This guy looks like he's up to no good, on drugs or something," Zimmerman can be heard telling the dispatcher.
    "These a**holes always get away,"
    From the quoted excerpts in the print media, this sounds unjustified. All the more reason the 911 call should have been released pronto, to put an end to wild speculation. The longer release of information in these cases is delayed, the more the social "activists" get involved.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Bad shoot or bad investigation? I can't tell from what I've read so far, how do you make that call? I remember listening to police calls on a scanner in Philadelphia many years ago. There was one particular incident that I recall that from what I heard on the scanner versus what was in the paper the next day from neighbor "eyewitness" reports you would not believe that it could be the same occurrence. There was also a police shooting near where I lived, and the neighbors swore the dead yout' was the nicest, most clean living, innocent little child you ever did see and the cruel policeman gunned him down for no reason. Except, on the stand at the officer's trial, they admitted that they either were not there, or that they "embellished" or that he was pulling a weapon. I'll withhold judgment on this one.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    We will probably never know, although it sounds like between the 911 call and the witnesses we may have a better idea than on day 1.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm sure someone will say that the kid being on top of the shooter even though the shooter was 100 pounds heavier is 100% proof that the kid was high.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I'm sure someone will say that the kid being on top of the shooter even though the shooter was 100 pounds heavier is 100% proof that the kid was high.

Naw, to me it tends to show that the shooter was a legend in his own mind. You know, a true internet badass who is unstoppable right up until someone decided to hit back.

I'm not saying this was a bad shoot, but I do have to say that is where the smart money is at the moment.

Best,

Joe

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Naw, to me it tends to show that the shooter was a legend in his own mind. You know, a true internet badass who is unstoppable right up until someone decided to hit back.

I'm not saying this was a bad shoot, but I do have to say that is where the smart money is at the moment.

Best,

Joe

I agree.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Without reading any of the 'facts', here's my guess.

26 year old thinks he's the answer to all of life's problems. He sees a suspicious person and calls the police. Being that they aren't moving fast enough for his liking, he decides that he's going to deal with the problem so he confronts the kid. The kid takes one look at this guy, realizes that he isn't much older and decides, "I don't think so" and walks away. The NWC decides that's not going to happen and tries to stop the kid. The kid isn't willing to be stopped by someone not much older than him and a fight breaks out. The NWC quickly realizes he's on the losing side and shoots the kid.

I think that part of the main problem is the age and maturity level of the NWC. I know I wouldn't allow myself to be stopped and questioned by anyone that age unless he had a badge to back up his actions. I'm betting the kid felt the same way.

As far as the shooting, IF this happened in Indiana (because I'm unsure of Florida law), the NWC would have to ne in fear of serious bodily injury in order to be justified. If he was getting his ass handed to him, then a reasonable person could assume SBI could be in short order at any time.

This happened because of the NWC's immaturity and stupidity. Unfortunately, stupid isn't illegal.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    As far as the shooting, IF this happened in Indiana (because I'm unsure of Florida law), the NWC would have to ne in fear of serious bodily injury in order to be justified. If he was getting his ass handed to him, then a reasonable person could assume SBI could be in short order at any time.

You are not entitled to self-defense, however, if your actions placed you in that situation where your SBI/death was imminent. If you pick a fight with someone and they're in danger as a result, they're entitled to self-defense against you. Just because they exercise their self-defense right doesn't mean you get to raise self-defense in turn. Unless they're using unreasonable force in defending against your provocation.

But if you accosted them with a deadly weapon to begin with, their reasonable force would be what is required to end the threat.
    IC 35-41-3-2
    Use of force to protect person or property
    (e) Notwithstanding subsections (a), (b), and (c), a person is not justified in using force if:
    (1) the person is committing or is escaping after the commission of a crime;
    (2) the person provokes unlawful action by another person with intent to cause bodily injury to the other person; or
    (3) the person has entered into combat with another person or is the initial aggressor unless the person withdraws from the encounter and communicates to the other person the intent to do so and the other person nevertheless continues or threatens to continue unlawful action.
    You're walking home from the convenience store and a stranger with a gun (and no badge) grabs you and tries to detain you. Is he the aggressor? Does he intend to cause bodily injury to you?:dunno:

Sounds more and more like the kid had every right to pummel this jerk.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You are not entitled to self-defense, however, if your actions placed you in that situation where your SBI/death was imminent. If you pick a fight with someone and they're in danger as a result, they're entitled to self-defense against you. Just because they exercise their self-defense right doesn't mean you get to raise self-defense in turn. Unless they're using unreasonable force in defending against your provocation.

But if you accosted them with a deadly weapon to begin with, their reasonable force would be what is required to end the threat.
    You're walking home from the convenience store and a stranger with a gun (and no badge) grabs you and tries to detain you. Is he the aggressor? Does he intend to cause bodily injury to you?:dunno:

Sounds more and more like the kid had every right to pummel this jerk.
    That's the problem with this whole thing, there are to many holes to fill in, like. Who initiated the physical contact? There is an assumption that the NWC came up to the other guy and physically tried to detain him.

Was that what happened or could he have just approached him to ask questions like who he was and what his reason was for being in the neighborhood?

Maybe the youth did'nt like the NWC asking questions and wanted to get physical and jumped the NWC?

I'm not trying to defend the NWC's actions in any way but at this point there is alot of speculating going on.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's the problem with this whole thing, there are to many holes to fill in, like. Who initiated the physical contact? There is an assumption that the NWC came up to the other guy and physically tried to detain him.

Was that what happened or could he have just approached him to ask questions like who he was and what his reason was for being in the neighborhood?

Maybe the youth did'nt like the NWC asking questions and wanted to get physical and jumped the NWC?

I'm not trying to defend the NWC's actions in any way but at this point there is alot of speculating going on.

What type of questions do you ask to a person that is "walking in the rain," "up to no good" "messed up on drugs," "and is getting away?"
    :dunno:

But yes, it is an assumption. But honestly, is murder THAT easy to get away with? You can have your bias, you can be armed, you can outweigh the victim, you can confront him....AND all you need to do is put 2 in his chest, make sure no one is watching, and you walk? :n00b:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What type of questions do you ask to a person that is "walking in the rain," "up to no good" "messed up on drugs," "and is getting away?"
    :dunno:

But yes, it is an assumption. But honestly, is murder THAT easy to get away with? You can have your bias, you can be armed, you can outweigh the victim, you can confront him....AND all you need to do is put 2 in his chest, make sure no one is watching, and you walk? :n00b:

Depends who you are and where you are. Sometimes it doesn't mater if someone is watching, which is very sad.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Whether the NWC (probably former NWC at this point) is charged with a crime, he'll probably get sued in civil court and I don't see any way he wins under that scenario.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I bet the shooter is the biggest holster sniffer in a 100 mile radius. According to that last link, residents have been complaining about Capitan.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt at first.. but, I have to admit that this is looking worse and worse for the shooter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom