31778765.jpg

Could we say INGO group buy? :dunno::laugh:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've seen these auctions before. Be aware that you will not get usable casings, but smashed/demilled SCRAP.

Some of them may be damaged but they will not be smashed unless the listing specifies that they have been. I have considered getting in on one of these auctions with a couple friends but the logistics of moving this much brass and the costs made it not worth it at my level. Most of these auctions still bring better than scrap prices.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Problem is that you're required to pick it up within 48 hours of notice. And out west, that can be a problem for even the best shipping companies. That's 4-5 full semi's full. It could be done - but it would be difficult to find someone with the space to store it while it was broken up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Problem is that you're required to pick it up within 48 hours of notice. And out west, that can be a problem for even the best shipping companies. That's 4-5 full semi's full. It could be done - but it would be difficult to find someone with the space to store it while it was broken up.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"Property will be delivered over a 6 month performance period."[/FONT]

Actually you will be picking it up several times over a 6 month period. So it's not like you are picking it up all at once.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"Property will be delivered over a 6 month performance period."[/FONT]

Actually you will be picking it up several times over a 6 month period. So it's not like you are picking it up all at once.

This would be my luck, in the flippin desert. 10,000 rds at a time, and no brass magnet.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    The military reloads their on base brass several times. If this stuff is getting junked, it is probably only scrapworthy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The military reloads their on base brass several times. If this stuff is getting junked, it is probably only scrapworthy.

Why oh why do some of you have to mess with the fantasy of some other gun nuts dream of swimming in "once fired only mil brass". :D;)

Don't tell us the facts, LIE, LIE, LIE 2 us like the media, YOUR prez and everyone else does please. :faint:

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN

I've never heard of any military branch reloading their brass. In fact, I've bought once fired military brass directly from suppliers many times. Please site your source.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    A buddy of mine bought a Triaxle dump truck of once fired military brass. IIRC it was 3 tons. He bought it to load and sell also to resell the brass. The brass came from Crane.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've never heard of any military branch reloading their brass. In fact, I've bought once fired military brass directly from suppliers many times. Please site your source.

That's a new one for me as well. The only time I have heard of it was an armorer making 8mm out of 30-06 to test in an MG-42. Got some good cast bullet 8mm info from that one.:)

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    A buddy of mine bought a Triaxle dump truck of once fired military brass. IIRC it was 3 tons. He bought it to load and sell also to resell the brass. The brass came from Crane.

I too have seen Crane sell brass. I know from personal experience though that purchasing from Crane can be a hassle. They don't do DRMO like most active DRMO locations. Unless things have changed in the last couple years, someone comes up from Kentucky one day a month to handle DRMO purchase pickups.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Why oh why do these posts even come up? Yes, the military sells their once-fired brass, and they sell it by auction in sometimes very large lots. As a matter of fact, it happens right here in IN. It will NEVER attract enough attention for a group buy. As a matter of fact, I've tried just that twice here before. The first time I got 3 people in for 3k rounds each out of a lot that had ~950k rounds of 556 brass. The second time I had one person interested at 5k rounds of brass. The smallest lot I've ever seen sell at Crane was about 8000 lbs thats still over 500k rounds of brass. Good luck getting enough people together for one. If somebody wants to take up charge on a group buy from Crane (the next time they have a sale) I can be the "contact" for Rodger at DRMO, and I can inspect, transport the brass. But I'm done trying to organize the actual group buy.

:bs:
    Even Crane, a military base that mostly just does weapons testing etc sells all their brass off once-fired. I've personally seen it myself...

... it's not worth their hassle to reload, and for testing weapons, it doesn't give them an exact mirror of condition that they'll see in the field. Almost every scrap of brass coming off military bases is once fired, I don't know of any that reload any of their ammunition other than possibly experimental/development type things.

Top Bottom