• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been looking at that plate online and it does look pretty darn nice. Not only is it aluminum, but it looks like it fills the gaps at the front and back better

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Not at all. I’ll withhold judgment until more use.
    Judgement has been made.

The factory plastic plate hits the trash can and a new plate is on order (thanks for quick link, Mr. 88).

The optic came loose in today's range session which gave me ALL kinds of fits along with wasted time until I figured it out. Tightened the screws WELL beyond suggested torque (yes, I have torque driver in my range bag) and after a handful of rounds, it came loose again and again....

Probably wasted more ammo than the new plate cost.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The C&H plate came in today and it really feels like a solid fit
    f9c5dcf1d4a76bf771d6344acedc6fdb.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After shooting the 10mm using the plastic plate on Saturday, I found that the red dot no longer co-witnessed the irons. It was off by a large degree too. Once I installed the C&H plate, the co-witness is spot on again.

Why would S&W use such a poorly thought out plastic plate system that seems designed to frustrate shooters?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    After shooting the 10mm using the plastic plate on Saturday, I found that the red dot no longer co-witnessed the irons. It was off by a large degree too. Once I installed the C&H plate, the co-witness is spot on again.

Why would S&W use such a poorly thought out plastic plate system that seems designed to frustrate shooters?
    One word: Cheap

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

I would have just as soon they left the plates out and saved me the trouble of thinking they might work.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I can't believe we still haven't gotten a 10mm in locally yet. Where are they at? S&W only make a few thousand and go to something else?
    I finally had to resort to buying my 4.6" one off a dealer in Illinois off of Gunbroker after making it a part time job looking for one locally for a few months and getting nowhere.

Now to find extra magazines for it.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I finally had to resort to buying my 4.6" one off a dealer in Illinois off of Gunbroker after making it a part time job looking for one locally for a few months and getting nowhere.

Now to find extra magazines for it

Now to find extra magazines for it.
    I got mine at premier arms and I have seen them get at least a few more since and yes, magazines are elusive.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I got mine at premier arms and I have seen them get at least a few more since and yes, magazines are elusive.
    I tried Premier for awhile, but all I got was "we had one but sold it" a few times.
    "Well could you order ME one in?".
    "No".
    So I realized they really didn't care to even lift a finger to help me find one.
    So I moved on from them.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Well, one day last week I got home and had an email from Palmetto State Armory telling me CZ P-10 15 rd. mags were back in stock. Went to their site to order a couple; they were already out of stock again. lol Talked to someone there, he said they sell immediately when they come back in stock & you have to be lightning quick. Jeez.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, one day last week I got home and had an email from Palmetto State Armory telling me CZ P-10 15 rd. mags were back in stock. Went to their site to order a couple; they were already out of stock again. lol Talked to someone there, he said they sell immediately when they come back in stock & you have to be lightning quick. Jeez.

Same deal with canik mags. Those email alerts are worthless. By the time you get it, they're gone.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Wholesalers are seeing more inventory but for high demand firearms, it is still a first come-first serve basis for the retailer. The makes it a challenge for a retail to "take an order" for a short supply item. They are chasing inventory just like we are.

It is getting better though and IMHO, inventory should continue to be more available in coming months as supply increases and demand wanes.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Wholesalers are seeing more inventory but for high demand firearms, it is still a first come-first serve basis for the retailer. The makes it a challenge for a retail to "take an order" for a short supply item. They are chasing inventory just like we are.

It is getting better though and IMHO, inventory should continue to be more available in coming months as supply increases and demand wanes.
    That's what I think as well. It's all good. :thumbsup:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

There's no reason a retailer can't sell a firearm to the first person who inquired about ordering one when it does come in.
    Which is a TRUER form of "first come first served", rather than luck of the draw of who walks in the store that day.

I'm loyal to businesses that are loyal to me as a customer and at least have the attitude they want my business.
    A business that can't be bothered with ordering me in an M&P 10mm and acting like they aren't available isn't a place that wants my business.

Proof of this is when I was able to go on Gunbroker and in a few minutes find a dealer who was happy to sell me a new one at a fair price under suggested retail and it was in my hands delivered to a gunshop down the road in 2-3 days who was more than happy to do it for me.

The 4.6" M&P 10mm is a good pistol for the money and I'm happy I bought one, and sold my Glock 20.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    There's no reason a retailer can't sell a firearm to the first person who inquired about ordering one when it does come in.
    Which is a TRUER form of "first come first served", rather than luck of the draw of who walks in the store that day.

I'm loyal to businesses that are loyal to me as a customer and at least have the attitude they want my business.
    A business that can't be bothered with ordering me in an M&P 10mm and acting like they aren't available isn't a place that wants my business.

Proof of this is when I was able to go on Gunbroker and in a few minutes find a dealer who was happy to sell me a new one at a fair price under suggested retail and it was in my hands delivered to a gunshop down the road in 2-3 days who was more than happy to do it for me.

The 4.6" M&P 10mm is a good pistol for the money and I'm happy I bought one, and sold my Glock 20.

I see your point exactly! That retailer could have been a bit more transparent and willing to write your name down on a list.

My LGS told me I would get the first one he had but it could be a day or a year. I stumbled into one at Sportsman's Warehouse and my LGS really didn't mind.

I remember when the P365 first came out. The place I bought from was selling at MSRP but you had to be on waiting list. The deal was when they got a shipment in, they called you and you could either take it or not. If you didn't return their call same business day - you were out. Seemed fair to me. I think I was #40 on the list....

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I tried Premier for awhile, but all I got was "we had one but sold it" a few times.
    "Well could you order ME one in?".
    "No".
    So I realized they really didn't care to even lift a finger to help me find one.
    So I moved on from them.
    I had the same problem before they moved there shop, 2 guys behind counter couldn't quit playing on there phones long enough to make a sale, haven't been back since!!!

Top Bottom