• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Saw these while walking through the store the other night and had to pick them up. A portion of the price went to Wounded Warrior Project. Besides the deck, the package also contained a card with info about WWP and how to further donate. Always nice to see a company doing the right thing.

e06ce312-ac89-447a-927f-fde6ca5e02d8_zpse7036c2c.jpg

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I can appreciate certain aspects of WWP, but I cannot contribute to $300,000 salaries, an almost anti gun veteran program, and a staff that won't take 3 minutes to speak with another company (that wants to help) until they're convinced there is a check coming.

Do some research, MUCH better vet organizations to donate to. Cool cards though!

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I can appreciate certain aspects of WWP, but I cannot contribute to $300,000 salaries, an almost anti gun veteran program, and a staff that won't take 3 minutes to speak with another company (that wants to help) until they're convinced there is a check coming.

Do some research, MUCH better vet organizations to donate to. Cool cards though!

Interesting perspective...It seems like anybody or anything that supports WWP gets instant "most liked" status. :patriot:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Being a major card player with poker buddies that are hard on cards we still stick with Bicycle cards. After someone spills a beer or bends one up a little I collect them for a special reason.

I use them at the range as targets.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Interesting perspective...It seems like anybody or anything that supports WWP gets instant "most liked" status. :patriot:

The name alone commands the thought veteran charity, but its outgrown its intended purpose these days. I believe the actual amount that goes towards the actual wounded warrior is like .03$ on the dollar. Again, while the big wigs rake in 250-300,000 a year. They reject donations with six 0's simply because thy dot want to deal with certain people. I bet the warriors could have used them.

I'm not saying they don't do good things, but like I've said, there are MANY other organizations that actually contribute your donations to the cause.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    WWP had good intentions. But they won't do things with gun manufactures because they will lose big money from anti-gun donators. Add to that the huge check the bigwigs get compared to what they give back to the vets, there are better places to donate.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I had no idea. Thanks for sharing this information. Unfortunately, some charities become less about those that need the help and more about those that manage them. It's sad.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    My point was more that it was nice to see a company like The United States Playing Card Company contributing to a worthy cause and helping to draw attention to it.

Top Bottom