• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    So not really like AR-15's as someone put it.
    They were saying something like the Sig P365 is like Legos but for Pistols or along that line. AR-15 definitely is Legos for adults lol.
    Yes and no. Theoretically it is, and chances are if you have a relatively recent production P365, everything will interchange. We're talking extremes here, because the guns we got were very early release (and the class I went through was also very new at the time), and there were a number of teething issues that had to be addressed with the design between then and now.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes and no. Theoretically it is, and chances are if you have a relatively recent production P365, everything will interchange. We're talking extremes here, because the guns we got were very early release (and the class I went through was also very new at the time), and there were a number of teething issues that had to be addressed with the design between then and now.
    Yep, no real generations to delineate 365's and at the same time rolling "continuous improvement" changes such as extractors, rear slide plates, some striker changes. Some are compatible with older slides, etc some are not. The FCU and most major components should be, but there are a few things that may cause a hiccup.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I feel guns have reached the point where phones were a few years ago. They went as small as possible and are now working their way back to being the size of a brick. How much bigger can they make a "sub compact" pistol before it's just a full sized pistol again? I think my 365 XL is about as big as I want a small pistol.

I have been saying for a while SIG. needed to scale the P365 up to this size. I have medium sized hands and the P365 and Slim 1911 grip fit me like a glove, it actually took me a while to get used to how “fat” my 2011 is and a big part of why I like the new Staccato 9mm only magazines and bodies that make the 2011 grip smaller. :abused: One of these might become my designated “beater” gun since the thought struck me I don’t really have any “cheap” firearms I don’t care if they get beat up anymore.

Also the phone analogy is spot on, we went from the Razr to “I want to fit a folding tablet into my pocket”, but phones have had a much more rapid evolution in the last 20~ years now (god that made me feel old) than firearms have. Though guns have also benefitted immensely from the tech surge the last 20 years as well, especially handguns with slide riding optics making them easier to shoot than ever.

Yep, no real generations to delineate 365's and at the same time rolling "continuous improvement" changes such as extractors, rear slide plates, some striker changes. Some are compatible with older slides, etc some are not. The FCU and most major components should be, but there are a few things that may cause a hiccup.

I love the P365 but this is why I don’t mess with SIGs products otherwise. Like 6 months after I bought my P365X they introduced the update that made the rear sight separate from the optics plate. That would have been kinda nice to have, but I am not eating the cost of a new P365 to get that particular upgrade.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. This picture is worth one word: ugly. A few years ago the P365 was the darling of the concealed carry crowd. Now look at it.
    Yes, they started with a really good gun,?great size, good capacity, reliable… then they go.., but wait… oh.. and this would be neat…..

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I have been saying for a while SIG. needed to scale the P365 up to this size. I have medium sized hands and the P365 and Slim 1911 grip fit me like a glove, it actually took me a while to get used to how “fat” my 2011 is and a big part of why I like the new Staccato 9mm only magazines and bodies that make the 2011 grip smaller. :abused: One of these might become my designated “beater” gun since the thought struck me I don’t really have any “cheap” firearms I don’t care if they get beat up anymore.

Also the phone analogy is spot on, we went from the Razr to “I want to fit a folding tablet into my pocket”, but phones have had a much more rapid evolution in the last 20~ years now (god that made me feel old) than firearms have. Though guns have also benefitted immensely from the tech surge the last 20 years as well, especially handguns with slide riding optics making them easier to shoot than ever.

I love the P365 but this is why I don’t mess with SIGs products otherwise. Like 6 months after I bought my P365X they introduced the update that made the rear sight separate from the optics plate. That would have been kinda nice to have, but I am not eating the cost of a new P365 to get that particular upgrade.
    I thought i seen an xl slide in the parts fore sale section of classifieds

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Checked into the 21rd mags with SIG, from three Sig employees and one manager - the mags are on 6 month delay and they only have enough for the guns released. Just a heads up before you buy or try hunting down the mags.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom