• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I feel guns have reached the point where phones were a few years ago. They went as small as possible and are now working their way back to being the size of a brick. How much bigger can they make a "sub compact" pistol before it's just a full sized pistol again? I think my 365 XL is about as big as I want a small pistol.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I feel guns have reached the point where phones were a few years ago. They went as small as possible and are now working their way back to being the size of a brick. How much bigger can they make a "sub compact" pistol before it's just a full sized pistol again? I think my 365 XL is about as big as I want a small pistol.
    This is my size of iwb conceal carry. However, I'd use the 17rd magazine for that since it's flush fitting. 21rd magazines for range or going to Cincinnati.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Meh!!!! Not much excites me these days. People complained about guns like the Hkock 43 only having 6 rounds so they run extensions. Glock have them a 43X they complain and need shield 15 round mags.

Where does it end you want capacity get a Glock 19 size you want thin and compact 43 or 43X size not sure what the expectation is.

Guns are suppose to be comforting not comfortable….Clint Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I was thinking of a reply and you said it for me.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Meh!!!! Not much excites me these days. People complained about guns like the Hkock 43 only having 6 rounds so they run extensions. Glock have them a 43X they complain and need shield 15 round mags.

Where does it end you want capacity get a Glock 19 size you want thin and compact 43 or 43X size not sure what the expectation is.

Guns are suppose to be comforting not comfortable….Clint Smith
    It ends when the individual figures out its all just to sell firearms.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I don't disagree with the premise...it's definitely becoming more bloated. But Sig isn't marketing this variant as a subcompact, they're calling it a full-size. It's basically a slimline alternative to a P320 at this point, that retains the capacity of the larger gun.

The 365 is interesting because it was originally designed as a micro-compact that has grown into a full-size, whereas traditionally designs have started out as a full-size gun which gets shrunk for subsequent variants.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't disagree with the premise...it's definitely becoming more bloated. But Sig isn't marketing this variant as a subcompact, they're calling it a full-size. It's basically a slimline alternative to a P320 at this point, that retains the capacity of the larger gun.

The 365 is interesting because it was originally designed as a micro-compact that has grown into a full-size, whereas traditionally designs have started out as a full-size gun which gets shrunk for subsequent variants.
    And it's modular so there are tons of options and one isn't forced to buy a complete new gun to change variations within some reason. I get that building a gun completely from parts is more expensive, but buying a new module and some mags can give one a whole new scope of what their existing gun can do.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    This is my size of iwb conceal carry. However, I'd use the 17rd magazine for that since it's flush fitting. 21rd magazines for range or going to Cincinnati.
    I have the X TACOPS. I’ve carry it on Sundays to church. IWB and it’s a great pistol. I don’t want one with a longer slide/barrel IWB.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have the X TACOPS. I’ve carry it on Sundays to church. IWB and it’s a great pistol. I don’t want one with a longer slide/barrel IWB.
    I carry full size 1911s, CZ P10F etc. This would actually be smaller/lighter for me.
    I consider a Taurus G3X a mouse gun. It's definitely the smallest I want to carry.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well they will sell a metric butt ton of them for sure. I prefer the 365 to the 320 and I think a lot of people who may be suspicious of the 320 safety issues may really be drawn to this gun. The 365 series also have a lower bore axis if you are into that kind of thing. The only real drawback for me is also its main benefit, the slimness. To really shoot a pistol well I like to have a little more room for my support hand than provided on the 365.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. This picture is worth one word: ugly. A few years ago the P365 was the darling of the concealed carry crowd. Now look at it.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I'm intrigued at the weight for it being full size and comes with 3 17rd to 21rd mags. Very nice. I don't think I'd buy unless i was to open carry which I'm not into yet. As for a range toy only..i think that's just a waste of money. Mags to use in my 365xl would be great but probably guna be expensive.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. This picture is worth one word: ugly. A few years ago the P365 was the darling of the concealed carry crowd. Now look at it.
    Yeah, but they're still making and selling that original variant, so at least there's that. Sig has an annoying habit of discontinuing the basic stuff and only selling the expensive upmarket versions, but they've not done that with the 365. At least not yet.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yeah, but they're still making and selling that original variant, so at least there's that. Sig has an annoying habit of discontinuing the basic stuff and only selling the expensive upmarket versions, but they've not done that with the 365. At least not yet.
    Can't one who owns a P365 say the first one out. Can't they just drop the action into this frame, and get a slide to fit the frame?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Can't one who owns a P365 say the first one out. Can't they just drop the action into this frame, and get a slide to fit the frame?
    Theoretically, yes. But knowing Sig it probably costs more to buy the parts than to just go buy the whole gun.

There's also the chance that one of the numerous unpublicized updates to the base design between the very first P365 release and now could cause you some issues that have to be worked around. When I took the P365 armorer class, the instructor (who was a Sig NH employee, not an adjunct) had to call back to the office for instructions on how to get the striker assembly out of the slide because they'd changed the design between the gun he'd trained on and the ones they sent out for the class.

I had a guy with an original P365 and a Macro one time who tried to swap slides during a range session, and couldn't get the macro slide to cycle on his other gun (or vice versa...I don't remember exactly now). I didn't get a chance to dig into it, so I'm not sure what the actual problem was...could have been something simple like interference with the grip module, or even something he was doing wrong...but it wasn't simply plug-and-play between the two guns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Theoretically, yes. But knowing Sig it probably costs more to buy the parts than to just go buy the whole gun.

There's also the chance that one of the numerous unpublicized updates to the base design between the very first P365 release and now could cause you some issues that have to be worked around. When I took the P365 armorer class, the instructor (who was a Sig NH employee, not an adjunct) had to call back to the office for instructions on how to get the striker assembly out of the slide because they'd changed the design between the gun he'd trained on and the ones they sent out for the class.

I had a guy with an original P365 and a Macro one time who tried to swap slides during a range session, and couldn't get the macro slide to cycle on his other gun (or vice versa...I don't remember exactly now). I didn't get a chance to dig into it, so I'm not sure what the actual problem was...could have been something simple like interference with the grip module, or even something he was doing wrong...but it wasn't simply plug-and-play between the two guns.
    So not really like AR-15's as someone put it.
    They were saying something like the Sig P365 is like Legos but for Pistols or along that line. AR-15 definitely is Legos for adults lol.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom