• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    lol. Judge doesn't know the difference between index and middle fingers. And that retard is in a position of power. Calls it index at 4:22, then corrects himself at 4:50.

Daniel Koch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I am a lawyer and that has been a strange trial. Has there been a verdict? I agree that the Florida legal system has some "issues." I practiced there for over 20 years and used to work for a federal judge. No more Florida lawyering for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    hand-labeled.jpg

"Hey judge, how many fingers on your hand?"

"oh, three or four"
    41605_62710171004_4713667_n.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "Hey judge, how many fingers on your hand?"

"oh, three or four"

I loved that cartoon!:D

I wouldn't call him a "retard" just because he talks that way. It's his accent; it's how they all talk down there.

"I say, I say, I gets mights confused there, I say, son."

Certainly even you, NY, has misspoken before sometime in the past? Called something the wrong name?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I loved that cartoon!:D

I wouldn't call him a "retard" just because he talks that way. It's his accent; it's how they all talk down there.

"I say, I say, I gets mights confused there, I say, son."

Certainly even you, NY, has misspoken before sometime in the past? Called something the wrong name?

I hear you. It's just hard not to cringe hearing him talk. "A fahn uh fo hunnit dolluhz and mannatoee cote cost". And hell, I misspeak a lot. But I certainly know the difference between my first and second (not including my beautiful opposed digit) finger, nor do I have the power to incarcerate individuals. Perhaps I laid it on heavy with the term "retard". But my good word man, I've been telling my wife for years that the South she thinks of when she thinks of the South hasn't existed for decades. The kids in sacks, the Larry the Cable Guys, that place is really a common misconception held by overinflated-ego-having Northerners. Then along comes this guy and my wife's like "HA! See? I told you so!!"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But my good word man, I've been telling my wife for years that the South she thinks of when she thinks of the South hasn't existed for decades. The kids in sacks, the Larry the Cable Guys, that place is really a common misconception held by overinflated-ego-having Northerners. Then along comes this guy and my wife's like "HA! See? I told you so!!"

Family Guy parodies aside, it's the New South, the backwardness and ignorance has mostly been destroyed by the new economy (but I lived in Chicago for 3 years and saw plenty of backwardness and ignorance) and Northern immigration, but you still find pockets of the Southern accent.

Remember, just because they talk slow does not mean they think slow!

Sure, a thick Southern accent seems strange to us but is a thick New York City or Boston accent any more sweet to the ears?:D

BTW, Larry the Cable guy is from Nebraska.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Proud to say I have never seen a single episode of Family Guy, at least not in its entirety.

But that's exactly my point, as you described it. The "old" South is for the most part long since gone. It's unfortunate that the representative of the educated or privileged -who are almost always seen to be more sophisticated- is such a vivid and outstanding example of cultural throwback. That's my take on it in any case.

And Da Noo Yawk accent is da best man. Da best. I'll meet you at toity tree and toid for a hot dawg.

There, a fine example of me having misspoken. Larry the Cable Guy is from the Midwest, not the South. But I think you understood what I meant. He's the stereotypical embodiment of what 'sophisticated' East/West Coasters, and Northerners think of when they think of the residents of the deep south.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Proud to say I have never seen a single episode of Family Guy, at least not in its entirety.

But that's exactly my point, as you described it. The "old" South is for the most part long since gone. It's unfortunate that the representative of the educated or privileged -who are almost always seen to be more sophisticated- is such a vivid and outstanding example of cultural throwback. That's my take on it in any case.

And Da Noo Yawk accent is da best man. Da best. I'll meet you at toity tree and toid for a hot dawg.

There, a fine example of me having misspoken. Larry the Cable Guy is from the Midwest, not the South. But I think you understood what I meant. He's the stereotypical embodiment of what 'sophisticated' East/West Coasters, and Northerners think of when they think of the residents of the deep south.

I imagine that self centered stuck up snot probably understands EXACTLY what the judge meant by now.

Top Bottom