• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Looks like YouTube is kicking a whole bunch of people out of the AdSense program effective yesterday. And they are making it harder for people to qualify for it in the future. I guess we will see if this allows gun channels with funding from elsewhere (like Patreon) to stay or if they are still going to pass out account strikes like candy on halloween and completely shut the channels down.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/16/16...ng-revenue-program-new-rules-google-preferred

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Looks like YouTube is kicking a whole bunch of people out of the AdSense program effective yesterday. And they are making it harder for people to qualify for it in the future. I guess we will see if this allows gun channels with funding from elsewhere (like Patreon) to stay or if they are still going to pass out account strikes like candy on halloween and completely shut the channels down.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/16/16...ng-revenue-program-new-rules-google-preferred

my channel is one of the casualties. i'm tiny, just shy of 600 subs , 170Kish views. i'd gotten one payout and had put it back into a project for the channel.... not any more. For me it's not a big deal, i dont really make money off of it and do it for fun, but there are a lot of mid ranged channels that i could see giving up.

rimfireOH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2017
    Easterly
    It is their prerogative to do so, but the backlash might be too much? Or maybe it just creates another niche for a firearm-friendly video-sharing site?

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    It is their prerogative to do so, but the backlash might be too much? Or maybe it just creates another niche for a firearm-friendly video-sharing site?

IMO there arent enough small channels or enough companies to advertise on only firearm videos to make that conducive. dont get paid here, dont get paid there, same difference. Youtube is big and easy for people to find things. google results from youtube will pop up, they wont from a different source, so most people will probably just remain on youtube and take the hit, or just stop producing content.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

I believe this will only help to grow Full30. On one of Military Arms Channel's live streams (I think he helped to start Full30), I believe he said something about getting some outside financial help that will make it possible to open up the website to all who wish to post content.....not just by invite only.

Who knows how long that will take to actually implement. But hopefully people learn of the changes on YouTube and it inspires and motivates them to move support and finances elsewhere.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    very little content? really? They have some of the biggest youtube channels over there and there is new content provided every day

He probably meant overall. firearms stuff is a tiny portion of the content on YouTube. meaning Full30 gets less traffic, overall, than youtube. Which means smaller channels will be harder to grow there.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Yes full30 is getting a phone app and opening itself up to all outdoor content (camping, hunting, fishing, airsoft, guns)

but it still doesn't get the 'foot traffic' a youtube, vimeo, dailymotion get

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

[h=5]Military Arms Channel[/h] · 1 hr ·

YouTube is banning channels and issuing multiple account strikes over a weekend, of course, so we can't get ahold of our reps to try and stop the action.
    I have TEMPORARILY DISABLED my YouTube channel until I can get this resolved. They are striking our accounts, as you can see from the image above, for non-sensical videos that clearly aren't in violation of their policies / politics.
    I will reenable the channel once I can talk to YouTube and my Network to assure my channel ...isn't banned like James Yeager's.
    Right now we all need the support of our community. This is an organized attack against me and several other vocal channels who are actively fighting against the tide of gun control. They're also attacking airgun channels and others in the firearms space.
    I will be making one public video here soon and trying to upload it from here in deep southern Texas where I have little internet access to further explain.
    For those of you who support us on www.patreon.com/MilitaryArms, THANK YOU. We need all the help we can get right now.
    If this continues, I will lead the charge to file a lawsuit against YouTube, which will get expensive. How, may you ask? Watch this interview with the head of YouTube business. I've linked to the point where he says one of YouTubes 4 core principals is "Freedom of Speech". Well, he said it, not me. It sounds to me like you have a problem now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch…
    They're not going to silence us. They're just going to make us fight harder for our Liberty. Right now I have to stop the channel from further attack until I can speak directly with YouTube. When that happens, I will make the videos public again.
    Tim
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

See More

174 Comments
    202 Shares

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    IMO there's a brigade of people running around Youtube flagging firearms content and trying to get strikes against the channels.

Youtube already demonetized them and are probably more than happy to have people drumming up excuses to get rid of them altogether.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Here's MAC's justification for disabling the content on his YouTube page:

[video=youtube;y50rwBtiZBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50rwBtiZBU[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They shut down Hank Strange's channel!!!!

[video=youtube;tNFbM6xkBNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNFbM6xkBNA[/video]

I stop viewing when talked about his 1st Amendment rights being taken away. If a person doesn't understand rights, then they probably aren't the best to listen to when trying to protect them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Full30 needs a roku app. I see this has been brought up in their forums, with no response that I can see. One of the biggest reasons I still use YouTube is they have a roku app and I can watch everything easily on my TV. If they want to compete for eyeballs, they really need to either produce an app, or at least document an easy, fairly universal way for people to view the site on a TV.

Top Bottom