• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was wanting to up my case cleaning game and search for info on “wet tumbling”. I bet I couldn’t share what I learn.

If you avoid youtube and follow the guy in the video above to post your video, expect a LOT of views for those searching for "wet tumbling". Oh, and a metric crap ton of dislikes because its not what they were actually looking for.

:laugh:

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    So, any viable alternatives to Youtube that has comparable 2nd Amendment content? All I watch these days are reloading videos but I could see how that could be deemed "dangerous." I personally am not aware of an alternative. Why can't the creative thinkers behind NRA TV think of a way to take advantage of the situation? Either come out with good gun reviews and reloading videos or create a site that the people getting ousted from Youtube could head over to?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My opinion is the faster the management move to a zero tolerance, "nothing gun related at all" policy on our platform, the better. It will create gun related platforms and the people who like them will not go back.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My opinion is the faster the management move to a zero tolerance, "nothing gun related at all" policy on our platform, the better. It will create gun related platforms and the people who like them will not go back.

Goes back to something I said about guns disappearing in culture... I don't think this is a good thing.

People that aren't big into guns still watch and enjoy Hickok videos... because he's the internet's gun grandpa. He's likeable, educational, and people enjoy that.

People aren't going to stumble across someone like him if he's on a gun-centric platform.

As guns are pushed out of visibility... web searches, social media, content outlets... what happens to gun culture 10/20/50 years from now?

I think it's going to decline steadily over time until no one is left to care about them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Goes back to something I said about guns disappearing in culture... I don't think this is a good thing.

People that aren't big into guns still watch and enjoy Hickok videos... because he's the internet's gun grandpa. He's likeable, educational, and people enjoy that.

People aren't going to stumble across someone like him if he's on a gun-centric platform.

As guns are pushed out of visibility... web searches, social media, content outlets... what happens to gun culture 10/20/50 years from now?

I think it's going to decline steadily over time until no one is left to care about them.

Youtube is a major reason for people being more interested in guns. It's how I got more involved. I've been around guns but I wasn't a "gun guy" until Youtube kinda got me more interested in it. Hickock45 probably played at least some role in that, plus others.

And I think they understand that. I think they're a lot like my brother in law (he told me he doesn't want his kids to have gun safety courses because he's afraid they might become interested, and he doesn't want to contribute any more "gun nuts" to society). Youtube has to know the impact gun channels have on creating more interest in guns. The more people are interested in guns, the more they tend not to believe the propaganda against.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I only had my sons, now in their 30s, to observe closely how they relate to guns. Myself, now in my 60s coming from a rural agricultural background, I had a different exposure to firearms than they did, being raised in the suburbs. We were also exposed to different types of media, movies video games, etc. I don't see guns disappearing in culture so much as evolving. My sons don't hunt much, part of that is neither one ever wanted to get up really early on weekends, but when they come for a visit they do enjoy getting the old man's guns out and shooting them. Their interest leans toward more modern stuff, which I don't have much of, but they will shoot revolvers and lever guns. The only exception to that is broomhandles which when I asked about the interest both of them said they are just "cool."

They don't post the ages of members here so maybe there's a difference between pre and post video game/internet people's first exposure to gun culture, maybe an Ingo survey would be in order .

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    IF people want the content they will find it. "FULL30" This is where people need to wake up and move to another platform and take their business with them. Anti 2A platforms should never be relied on. It is their business so they can destroy it if they want. Yeah it is where everybody is, but it is time to drop it because when people see that all gun content is gone they will say WTF happened and it just might pi$$ enough people off to make them hurt.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    IF people want the content they will find it. "FULL30" This is where people need to wake up and move to another platform and take their business with them. Anti 2A platforms should never be relied on. It is their business so they can destroy it if they want. Yeah it is where everybody is, but it is time to drop it because when people see that all gun content is gone they will say WTF happened and it just might pi$$ enough people off to make them hurt.

To G's point though, people who aren't necessarily "gun guys" aren't going to stumble onto gun channels on full30.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

One noteworthy detail here: YouTube makes no money for Google. I doubt they'll care who they chase off. If Disney says "get rid of the Nazis", YouTube will get rid of the Nazis.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sure they will. They'll just google "gun videos" and...

Oh yeah, Google owns YouTube.

tenor.gif

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    #*@$ YouTube, ^$%# Google and %#@$!# all of the other leftist Big Tech companies.

I'm all about their company their rules, but at some point we can't keep fighting using a rulebook that they don't care about. If we have to bake a cake, then they should have to host a gun video. I hate to call for .gov intervention, but I hate not having a voice, or a platform to have that voice heard more.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

FULL30 is great, but they really, really need a Roku/FireTV app. The thing I loved about YouTube until all this BS is that I could fire it up on my TV and watch some phenomenal videos on the big screen. It's just not the same having to do it on my computer.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What about 'em? Not sure how it applies here. People choose to use YouTube

Phone companies were broke up, yet you didn't have to use a phone.

Microsoft had it used against them, yet they were not the only programming language.

It was used against my steel mill, for the mill having the audacity to have it's own railroad for inside the mill. They had to sell off the railroad.

I think there were problems with media conglomerates.

There are other examples of "defacto" monopolies.

Google/YouTube might be considered one.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What about the anti-monopoly acts?

What about 'em? Not sure how it applies here. People choose to use YouTube

They choose to use it because it is by far the largest and best way for content creators to reach viewers, and viewers use it because it has the best and widest range of content. As such, it has grown to the point that Youtube is the best way to reach viewers, and attempting to build an audience on another platform is all but futile.

I'm beginning to have the opinion that Google and Youtube can, and should be subject to anti-trust laws due to their size and market-share percentage. Utility companies like IPL aren't allowed to jack their rates 20x overnight, even though technically their customers have alternatives.

Top Bottom