• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Large scale lawlessness scenario, I would grab the AR. Most everyone dead, going hunting a shotgun.

I would happy to group with people that are likewise well supplied, well armed, not stupid asses, etc. I am not going to start rounding up the frail, defenseless, unable to contribute in any way unless there is somewhere that I could shepherd them to and drop them off. Then i would be glad to help out. I am not going to put my family at risk to be a nice guy.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Large scale lawlessness scenario, I would grab the AR. Most everyone dead, going hunting a shotgun.

I would happy to group with people that are likewise well supplied, well armed, not stupid asses, etc. I am not going to start rounding up the frail, defenseless, unable to contribute in any way unless there is somewhere that I could shepherd them to and drop them off. Then i would be glad to help out. I am not going to put my family at risk to be a nice guy.

Most folks can be taught to weave or sow, they can grind meal or do the skinning, butchering, cooking and canning, they can stand watches, keep fires going, filter/boil water etc.

Granted they wont be lumberjacking up a bunch of wood, carrying water from the creek or digging latrines or fighting in the trenches but I plan on helping everyone who is willing (even the very young, elderly or disabled) to work to the best of their abilities, the way I figure it, the more hands I have at my disposal the more work I can get done.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Just on a side note, I am in the process of getting mags for my AR, M9 and my 1911a.
    How many mags would be enough or too many?
    This would be for a O.M.G.T.S.I.H.T.F. situation as well as stocking up.
    I plan on carrying them in my bugout bag/web gear.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Just on a side note, I am in the process of getting mags for my AR, M9 and my 1911a.
    How many mags would be enough or too many?
    This would be for a O.M.G.T.S.I.H.T.F. situation as well as stocking up.
    I plan on carrying them in my bugout bag/web gear.

Probably ALERT gear: A Bags, rifle, web gear/assault vest with pistol, ammo, 180 rnds 5.56 or >80 rnds 7.62 NATO, 30 rnds pistol; Kevlar helmet, Armor, C bag with necessities etc. Just play the way we were trained man.

Status and civil defense:
    They used to have old EBS radio recivers that people were strongly urged to get during the cold war for civil defense notification.... A battery operated radio would be interrupted by EAS civil defense when the time comes. I just hope that our local Sheriffs departments have had a chance to break open those civil defense manuals....

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It did not come off as sarcasm at all. You clearly stated a fact. Statements like that make you sound like you will be part of the **** that will be hitting the fan.

I will not be the victim, but I may be that fan, don't let sig lines lead you on.

I would ask members of this forum to stop and think about who else reads these posts, and will in fact use what is said here everyone in the country as statement of fact to take away what we hold as truth.

It is forums like this exact one that the politicians search for fodder and fear mongering. I can see it now, "Those guys in Indiana are just waiting around for an excuse to commence with the killing and theft of other peoples guns".

To be honest, it really does read like it sometimes, even to me...and that's whats scary.

Signed,
    The Fan

Oh goodie... now we have someone saying we should be afraid to speak our mind. We might offend those who already hate and fear us, like the government or antis. How very courageous. How VERY American. :rolleyes:

And, for the record, one reason we are comfortable carrying small caliber weapons on the run was articulated by my wife. She pointed out that if needed, we could take bigger weapons off the bodies of people who threatened us.

That's reality. If someone cannot deal with that, they will not survive in such a situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    It did not come off as sarcasm at all. You clearly stated a fact. Statements like that make you sound like you will be part of the **** that will be hitting the fan.

I will not be the victim, but I may be that fan, don't let sig lines lead you on.

I would ask members of this forum to stop and think about who else reads these posts, and will in fact use what is said here everyone in the country as statement of fact to take away what we hold as truth.

It is forums like this exact one that the politicians search for fodder and fear mongering. I can see it now, "Those guys in Indiana are just waiting around for an excuse to commence with the killing and theft of other peoples guns".

To be honest, it really does read like it sometimes, even to me...and that's whats scary.

Signed,
    The Fan

Hmmm I can see where your coming from... and I don't completely disagree. Maybe I should have just said "Yes I'll protect and help my family and those near me if I'm able to. And I hope everyone would do the same."

As for the "getting a gun" thing, wouldn't you protect your own from threats? And its just plain gun safety to NOT leave them laying around, so by picking one up that someone may have left laying around...yeah I would still do that.

I think we're closer to being on the same page than it appears. I may just not put it typed form as well. :yesway:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    id take an ak.

Sigh... I don't think anyone here is seriously saying they are going to murder their neighbors for guns. But if things go badly and you have to defend yourself and your family, it would be foolish to leave good equipment behind.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    When you kill someone for their weapons, you better start worrying about their friends and family coming looking to remove the threat that killed their friend and/or family member.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I thought we moved this thread over to Glock Talk?

I wonder how many people have already stored enough food for 3-6 months.
    Have power/heat for a 2 week ice storm.
    Have a comms system in place.
    Have plan on when to go and how to get there.
    Most have MANY gaps that need filled before, this topic is important.

Its a waste of energy to argue ballistics on a hypothetical. Save that argument for when your drinking with a buddy after filling 10 buckets of rice.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought we moved this thread over to Glock Talk?

I wonder how many people have already stored enough food for 3-6 months.
    Have power/heat for a 2 week ice storm.
    Have a comms system in place.
    Have plan on when to go and how to get there.
    Most have MANY gaps that need filled before, this topic is important.

Its a waste of energy to argue ballistics on a hypothetical. Save that argument for when your drinking with a buddy after filling 10 buckets of rice.

Sailor,

You forgot water, water water water water water, a family can never have enough clean fresh drinking water on hand & the tools & resources to turn non-potable water into potable water.

Most folks take it for granted because they twist a knob and as much as they want comes flowing right out.

But I am not sure how interesting of a thread a conversation about water would be.

Top Bottom