• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    ...do I even need to say what you are voting for by voting for anyone else?

http://d19exqnpbq5trq.cloudfront.net/base/NRA_ONE_VOTE_Final_REV.mp4

The primary is long over. There are simply 2 candidates with a chance. One will attempt to take our guns either directly or through treaties or Supreme Court appointments. The other, won't, because of his base.

There's no point in arguing it. It has boiled down to a simple choice. A vote for Romney doesn't mean you endorse him wholly. It is the only logical way to protect the 2A from an assault that has been telegraphed by President Obama. He warned you before I did.

Let the flames fly, but I don't care. I know for whom my vote will be cast. I don't know if he'll be an effective president or not, but I KNOW for sure who won't.

I know what I'm doing. I'd hate to come back on here down the road and see all the griping because the big O got back in and harmed our 2A rights.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Personally if the 2A is the only issue you are voting on, I think you have missed a lot of other reasons not to vote for Obama. However, if that is what it takes to sway a person's vote, then so be it.

Obama is anti a lot of things we hold as traditional american values and rights. Regardless of your stance on 2A, he is a threat to many of the freedoms enumerated and implied by The Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I'm still waiting to see this fictional math that supports the ridiculous 3rd party vote theory. You're assuming every person voting 3rd party would vote Romney if there were no other candidate. What about the substantial number of Democrats voting 3rd party? Don't forget those who just wouldn't have voted if they only had Romney vs. Obama as a choice.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Nope. Not buying it. I'm voting for Johnson.

Maybe you should branch out of your circle a little. Heck, today I took my 5 yo to chick FIL a for lunch and there were two people talking politics. The fat woman was saying how great Obama is, the fat unemployed guy was not so sure. He talked about Romney finding him a job, she said if he couldn't find a job, Romney would cut his unemployment.

He said screw it, I may just vote for Johnson. Hand to God she scoffs, if you vote for Johnson you're voting for Romney. He said, so what.

I'm not changing anyone's mind on this forum nor do I even want to try. If you want to vote for Romney, beautiful, create a post why you like him. Trying to shame others to vote your way because of our own fear is just silly. You're not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, don't you know that those of us voting Johnson are so insignificant that you're getting worked up over nothing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No flames from me. As I've posted before: While I generally agree for too long there has been too little difference between an "average" democrat and an "average" republican, there is a marked difference between the two candidates in contention for president this time. Romney is not the original intent constitutionalist I'd like, but the country wouldn't vote for him/her even if s/he were running. He's not going to be perfect, but he's our better chance.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    The assumption that those who vote for third party candidates would all choose your pick over the other guy does not hold true in reality - demonstrated by exit polling after many elections in the past.

A vote for X is a vote for X, not Y....

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    So whom do you support? And does anyone not on INGO know who they are?

I personally choose not to have a litmus test, but hey to each their own.

It's quite simple really. I support politicians that most closely represent my own viewpoints. The politicians that support locking up American citizens, indefinitely, go in the bin.

I never understood why we *actively* try to preserve the 2nd Amendment. It was designed as a safety valve. They've been trying to remove the safety valve since before I was on the Earth. We've initially said, "NO!" and then opted for an ever increasingly smaller valve.

Why bother with a safety valve in the first place? It's mostly symbolic at the point.

*Enter the uber-Patriots with their plastic flags and plastic threats of "Molon Labe!"*

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The assumption that those who vote for third party candidates would all choose your pick over the other guy does not hold true in reality - demonstrated by exit polling after many elections in the past.

A vote for X is a vote for X, not Y....

I understand your point IG... I'm not even trying to make the "wasted vote" argument. Others are - and that's ok...

I refuse to vote for anyone 50% of the people wouldn't know from their own keister. Why? If a person does not have 50% name recognition, they CANNOT win. Not probability - simply not possible.

Steelman - I would love to be voting for Huntsman. I consider him to be the smartest and most qualified guy out there. Fact is, he - along with Ron Paul, Gingrich (barf), Santorum (retch), and yes, even Gary Johnson (who I like as well) LOST in the Republican Primary. Huntsman and Johnson (the two I liked best) at a very early stage of the game. So I choose from the best available. Again - I'm certainly not flaming anybody for their choice. That's just the way I see it.

Top Bottom