• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    INGO, I come to you with another dilemma. I have been hard after a XD-S for quite some time now (as many of you know, I am 19, so I can't just walk into a FFL). I still haven't found a XD-S in .45, or even 9mm. I have a individual now, that is offering me a XD sub-compact 9mm (3.5 barrel).

I went to Gander, and held one for a bit, and compared to the XD-S, and I think I like the XD-S better. I like both options better than the 1911 I carry now, because I want something smaller, but I know for a fact I'd rather have the XD-S over the XD-SC.

What would you all do if you were in my situation? Would you take the XD-SC, or would you all hold out a while longer for a XD-S to come along? Help me out INGO!

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have an XD-SC in 9mm, and I like it a lot, but I like a wider grip. I passed on an XDs .45 to get the SC when I bought it, but that's because I preferred the way the SC felt in my hand. Get what you feel comfortable with.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have an XD-SC and couldn't be happier. I checked out the xds, but I really don't like the "raised square" thing they do with the grip. I really wanted to like the xds. They're brilliantly thin, and it's awesome that they can make a 45 that small, but at the end of the day it all comes down to how it feels in my hand.

Between the two you listed, for me it's the xd-sc.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    I dont know where your looking but there are XDS everywhere around here in TH.I have a 9 and 45 and they are awesome.Very good shooters and carry VERY nicely.I would hold out and find a xds.I have had ALOT of pistols and this one is the cats a$$.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I have an XDm9c and love it. I imagine the XD-SC being very similar. It'll be one I keep long enough to pass down... if I can bare to part with it :)

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Peddler's in Columbus has a XDS 9 mm...its where I held one. I'd love to fire one...but I will probably have to buy one to get that chance

Also would like to fire a XD-SC in 9. I started with a P290 for my carry gun...recently bought a MP9c and plan to start carrying it...but I have a full size XD..and love how it shoots. so I am kind of partial to the XD series...but shot my brothers 9c and liked it and didn't want to 'chance' it again on a 'buy it then shoot it' plan. I hope everyone followed that rampbling...

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I carry an XD 9 SC but want an S for pocket carry..... 45 of course.

shoot both before you buying you can. I hear you have to have a good grip on the .45 to get it to go full battery.

jontylercole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Peru
    Is there a a big difference in the size between the xds and xdsc? I am looking for an xds, hope to carry it on my ankle as backup.

Top Bottom