• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Just went to BGF to try out a XDs with my son. got it for his Christmas. nice little pistol. Recoil was controllable . accurate little sucker. If you have the means I highly suggest picking one up

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    i like 1911's in 5 inch barrels, ive had problums from colt defenders and springfield mico compacts, and i know alot of you have short barrel 1911's that shoot just fine, but ive seen alot of jams from the short barrel 1911's, AND IM NOT LIMP WRISTING. my brother bought a xds and ive shot it, function was perfect, accuracy wasnt very good, but i could get used to it, id take the xds if i had to choose one, another good gun to consiter may be the taurus pt 145, for the money if you want a small .45 there hard to beat,

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Wouldn't trade my Xds for the world, at 15yrds it shot groups with my ultra carry kimber, and after no time its like carrying your wallet, you never know its there.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I got an xds, .45 acp for Christmas, shot it for the first time last week-end. I absolutely love the thing.just make sure you keep your non-shooting thumb out of the way, my big hands are not made for 2 hand shooting,lol. the only thing I don't like is, I have had to put my smith &Wesson .357 back in the cabinet as my xds is now my everyday carry gun. very concealable, I almost forget its there.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Like everyone else, XDS is simply awesome!
    Have the Shield, except when the wife takes it from me. The XDS is a great single stack, controllable, feels great with the extended mag!

Springfield did good with the XDS!!
    No experience in the Micro-however had a Colt New Agent, once you get use to the trench sights, a great carry piece as well.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I love my XDS. I have over 1,200 rounds through mine with no issues. It is a very accurate little pistol. I have no problems running a plate rack at 15 yds with it. I use it as a secondary to backup my Glock 30. It would not be a good gun for a new shooter, or for the recoil sensitive because, as you would expect, it is somewhat snappy. I would highly reccommend it to an expereinced shooter looking for a good carry piece.

roustabout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    portland oregon
    I love my xds 45. At 40 yard I can hold OK groupings. At 15 years it a nail driver. Light weight very manageable recoil. I have and do own many guns. Spent many hours on the range. I truly believe you like the gun and it goes bang every time you pull trigger its a good gun. I had a s&w 9mm never could get it to stop jamming. It was in shop so many times. I give it to my brother - in law who's brother is a gun smith. Took time its now a OK shooter still likes to jam ever so often. I have a ugle hi point 45 over 5000 rounds out it never jammed. Going bang every times really matters. Make sure to clean your gun and oil on a regular basis to keep all working good.

armcclure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I just picked up my xds today after months of going back and forth on it;
    DEFINITELY made the right choice!
    Who wouldn't want a .45 as their backup?

For comparison, here's how it stacks up to my LCP...

null-2.jpg

null-3.jpg

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    cant go wrong with a xd. I have two right now and i love them. My favorite being the xd tactical over the xdm compact but both are great guns. for a conceal carry having the grip safety is nice.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Go with the xds you cant go wrong with it. They are accurate even in the smaller frame but my recomendation would be to go with .40

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Have had my XDs for few months now, got bout 600 rounds thru her with just one problem, every time I take it to the range everyone and their brother wants to shoot it! Other then that, I LOVE THIS GUN!!

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Ordered my XDs yesterday and am so geeked to pick it up. Ordered a couple of holsters for it today. Picked up some of the Speer Short Barrel 230gr gold dots today also. Hope it carries well. I really hope its pocketable, (yeah I made that word up) but if not Im sure a good IWB will be fine.

Who is pocket carrying theirs? With what holster?

Top Bottom