• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    CAn you narrow it down to the mag? All mags do it or just 1??? factory ammo or reloads?

7 different mags in the compact, 5 in the full size. Ammo is all factory ball , two different lots and two different brands. All the ammo and mags were tested in different guns and found to be FINE. It's NOT the mags or the ammo.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Looks like a cracked ejector to me...

photo4.jpg

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    My is at 500 to 600 rounds. XDm, 9mm, 3.8, compact.
    Me firing, no issues.

But two other people had issues with the slide not locking on the last round, but they were letting their wrist snap for some reason. Once they corrected that, no issues.
    Hehe, it was kinda crazy, it looked like they were shooting a .45 or something, but it is a 9mm.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Does any one wanna make me a "serious" ($400+) offer on the OD Bi-Tone full size before I contact SA? This will be as-is and include six 19rd factory mags, case, speed-loader, etc. I'm going to sell it even if I get it fixed but I'll let it go cheaper as-is of course.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not trying to be another one of "those guys", but.. is it just me, or does it seem like you hear about more problems with the XDm series, than the XD series?

My XD9sc bitone has been flawless after a couple thousands rounds. I LOVE the look of the OD/Bitone XDm, but I am skittish because of what I have read online..

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Not trying to be another one of "those guys", but.. is it just me, or does it seem like you hear about more problems with the XDm series, than the XD series?

My XD9sc bitone has been flawless after a couple thousands rounds. I LOVE the look of the OD/Bitone XDm, but I am skittish because of what I have read online..

I think it is like anything else, you read a bunch of negatives on it, but not the 1,000's of great reviews on them.

Any gun can have faults, the people that make them aren't perfect.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like a cracked ejector to me...

The pic is showing the extractor... The ejector would be in the lower frame... :)

That line in the pic is not a crack... It's the transition point where there is a radius leading to the thicker/taller end of the extractor. Where the line is and to the left is considerably thicker and taller than that to the right of the line.

Take the barrel out and check the claw end of the extractor... Can't see it in the pic because of the barrel.

Silly question... Maybe my memory is slipping, but I don't remember the recoil assembly looking like that... By chance is it inserted end for end ?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Get a Glock. They always go boom!

Tell that to my friend when his 26 light striked on him. The look of sheer disbelief on his face after the "almighty" Glock failed on him was epic.

And yup, they always go boom alright

ANY firearm can fail. Sucks that your pistols are having issues, but Springfield will take care of you. If a Glock feels like sh** when you just hold it, it's going to feel like sh** when you shoot it. Find something that fits your hand and shoots well. But, if one of them actually fit your hand, go for it.

Try giving your feed ramp a polish, I did that to a 40 cal XDm that started jamming all of a sudden with several different mags, after that, owner said it works great; but that's only been about 300 rounds ago.

If you're hell bent on selling them, the M&P with the small backstrap isn't bad. If you're okay with the price and the mag capacity, the Sig 239 is an option too.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Well today I am going to explore the concept of User Error. My buddy came by today (ElmoH on here) and examined the OD XDm. He is very knowledgeable on auto-pistols. He said the extractor and ejector look perfectly fine to him. But he did say the gun appeared VERY dry though insofar as lube. He thinks it's possible that the XDm being supposedly "match grade" as far as tolerances may not take well to being "ran dry" compared to a Glock or regular XD service gun.

Now I do remember when I cleaned the OD gun last and in the back of my head I was listening to the voice of another friend that says I over-lube my pistols. So I purposely put MUCH less than I normally do. :rolleyes:

So, Elmo lubed the gun a while ago....later today I'm going back to the range with 6 magazines loaded with ball. I'm actually hoping this whole situation was simply me being an idiot and not lubing properly. :dunno:

As I said before I know far more about wheel-guns (having many more years experience with that) so I dunno.

Will report back later!

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Jebus Cripes! I sure never knew that lack of lube could cause all this mayhem! I have never in all my life been so relieved and HAPPY to find out I was an idiot!

It was caused by me being stingy with the lubricant! I put 100 rounds through the gun a while ago with ZERO issues!!!!!!!!! My baby is back! I will NEVER be stingy with the lube again. CRAZY. As I said I have much to learn about auto-pistols.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Jebus Cripes! I sure never knew that lack of lube could cause all this mayhem! I have never in all my life been so relieved and HAPPY to find out I was an idiot!

It was caused by me being stingy with the lubricant! I put 100 rounds through the gun a while ago with ZERO issues!!!!!!!!! My baby is back! I will NEVER be stingy with the lube again. CRAZY. As I said I have much to learn about auto-pistols.

Great to hear! :rockwoot:

:+1: Springfield :D

Top Bottom