• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Glock vs XD

I just need to know though what makes one better than the other????? Disuss :wallbash:

Seriously though I'm curios like "joe williams" stated earlier what were the minor issues with the XDm?

sidenote: Between the two I like how Xd's feel better than glock...

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I just need to know though what makes one better than the other????? Disuss :wallbash:

Seriously though I'm curios like "joe williams" stated earlier what were the minor issues with the XDm?

sidenote: Between the two I like how Xd's feel better than glock...

Read post #16

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Read post #16

ahh thanks... I can see now said the blind man. I was looking for a response from denny....

His cousin keeps locking the slide back with his thumb part way through a magazine. No problems other than that. :):

don't think i've ever noticed or heard of that problem at the range..... but then again I don't pay much attention to everyone else... try to focus on eliminating my flaws :rolleyes:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    ahh thanks... I can see now said the blind man. I was looking for a response from denny....

Yeah, I'm the cousin.

Gpfury86 said:
    don't think i've ever noticed or heard of that problem at the range..... but then again I don't pay much attention to everyone else... try to focus on eliminating my flaws :rolleyes:

HICKMAN said:
    hell, that happens to me with the stupid "exteneded slide release" on G34/35's... I always take it off and put a regular one on.

My solution was actually the opposite. The factory XD/XDm slide release is quite tall, flat and wide. It sits down on the frame right where the meat of my thumb goes so on recoil my thumb bumps it up enough for the slide to catch. On my XD45 tactical I installed a Pistol Gear extended slide release. It is longer but much much thinner. It leaves plenty of room on the frame for my thumb to fit. Ddenny5 has the factory release on his XDm so I still run into that problem.

Here are some pictures I pulled off the internet for comparison.
    pgsrxd.jpg

oempgsr.jpg

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    hell, that happens to me with the stupid "exteneded slide release" on G34/35's... I always take it off and put a regular one on.

I saw that he had mention it happening to him also. Sounds like you figured out how to solve the issue.

Top Bottom