• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Been looking around because my wife claimed my new sw40ve. I think I like the xdm-40. Anybody have any ideas or comments about this handgun ? Thanks.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    They are terrific guns. My only complaint with them is the slide height. It is taller then I am used to, but you just need to get your hands on one to see if you like it. I think they feel great and I like that they shoved an extra round in then some "other" comparable guns.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have no experience with the .40. but my father does have one in 9mm. It's a nice gun. I have a Xd .40, and love it. It's my daily carry.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I have an XDM 40 and an XD 9...Love them both. Both fit well in my hand. Again, it is in how it fits you. I also have a subcompact Glock 30 (45)...not a big fan after 200 rounds. I'll give it a little more time. Like my XD's a lot more.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I think you would like one! I am about your size and have large hands and with the XDM's interchangable backstraps it was cake to fit it to my hand. When I bought mine I couldn't decide whether I wanted a 9 or 40 so it was tax time so I got both. I set the 40 up for my hand and the 9 for the wife. Even with the thin backstrap on the 9 it still fit suprisingly comfortable.

Give one a test drive and I bet it wont be long before you are parking one in your safe.:rockwoot:

Another wonderful aspect of the M is the grip serrations, they definately help control slip in the grip of the pistol under recoil.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I've had one since November. At first, the mags will be difficult to load to 16 rds and inserting/dropping a full mag will be tight with the slide closed. I have about 400 rds through mine and the mags and the release have loosened quite a bit. A nice pat on the base of the mag with your palm will seat it nicely. A little pressure on the mag base and depressing the mag release will allow the mag to drop easily. If you're a fan of night sites you're in luck because any sight made for a XD will fit the XDm (I read an email from Trijicon's customer service that they would be developing sights specifically for the XDm).

I haven't had any FTF/FTE malfunctions nor anything even close. It's a great gun to shoot and carry. If it fits your hand, go for it.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    It's a great shooter. Try to find one to shoot I think you'll like it. It was my first XD. I now have an XDm40, XD40sc and XD45c in my collection. It made a believer out of me.

prsavage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I have an XDM in 40 S$W. It is the best out of the box Auto I have ever shot. (Except for my match .45 Kimber) I have a sub-compact 40 in the XD and it shoots nice, but for the full size I like the XDM. I have very small hands and both the medium and small grip fit me.

dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    I have the .40 XDm and love it, I wonder how long til compact/SC, and a .45ACP

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I'm holding out on an XDm purchase in hopes of a .45 model.
    I recall reading an email from Springfield to a XDTalk.com member that there were no plans at the time (March) to introduce the XDm in .45. I hope this changes because that would be a nice gun. I'd provide a link but I can't find it... But...if you want to dream with everyone else, here's a link to the XDm .45 hopefuls thread: .45 ACP XDm Threads Merged - XDTalk Forums - Your HS2000/SA-XD Information Source!

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    XD-9 is my daily carry. Reliability, accuracy, etc. on par with Sigs, Glocks, HK, etc. But the ergonomics and the way it points and feels are above and beyond the above for a compact handgun. IMHO

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    XDM

Been looking around because my wife claimed my new sw40ve. I think I like the xdm-40. Anybody have any ideas or comments about this handgun ? Thanks.

I think these are nice full-sized carry guns. From what I've seen in competition, the barrel is a little too short to be competitive in USPSA or steel challenge, but I like the ergonomics and trigger pull. I've got an XD tactical, and as soon as they come out with a 5" XDM, I'm buying one.

Top Bottom