• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    I am looking for opinions for this specific firearm and ideas to make it a little better/user friendly.

I am purchasing one next Friday. I took my wife with me to test it out and she loved it also. We also shot it at night to familiarize ourselves with the night sights. Great! Now I have a carry gun and she likes to shoot it also. She wants to get her LTCH also now. Great! Do it!

The XD has already received some loving touches....
    The trigger has been improved....GREATLY... still a long trigger, but that helps to keep it safe. It is super smooth.

It has a 2 tone CeraKote job (Sniper Gray lower/Stainless upper)
    Tritium Night Sights
    1.25 Grip extenders on the factory mags... Changing to 1.5's as my hands are quite large (I can touch the end of the barrel if I fully extend my fingers)
    Has a Hi-Cap mag also that fits awesome in my hand. Plan to get a few more.
    Factory items included

Here is what I would "Like" to do to make it easier to use IMO for both my wife and I.... especially in the middle of the night!
    Laser...either grip or rail
    Had thought about a light, but is it worth it to have to remove it all the time to holster your firearm? Do they make a holster that will accept a light?
    Different holster as I do not wear a belt typically, but do not want a holster inside my waist line. I would like it on my hip.
    I was thinking about the Blackhawk 410531BK-R CQC SERPA Holster for the XD SC.... anyone with experience with one?
    The obvious would to be purchase some extra mags and plenty of ammo.... both target and defense rounds.

Im used to the leg strap carry or chest harness from being overseas. I dislike the chest harness and the leg strap carry.... well that is not really practical in my situation.

Then to get in some range time with it.... I am holding center but low Gut/Nut area and she is usually right shoulder/kidney area... Always right. Yep... like any new firearm you have to learn to shoot it and familiarize yourself with it.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    XD IS THE WAY TO BE!

profilepic12888_1.gif

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes, they make holsters for guns with the light attached, but they also make lights that are "quick release" for easy on and off. If you are thinking about attaching a light to it for "night stand" use, but taking the light off when you carry, this is a possible solution.

However, personally, I cannot help but think that if you are in a situation at home, where you would need the light, then you probably went looking for the intruder, rather than barricading your loved ones in a safe place, calling 911, and having the gun ready only IF the perp comes to you. Just my :twocents:

I don't have a laser on my XD9sc, but it did come with night sights, so I really cant comment on the laser from experience.. just whatever you do, practice without the laser as well, in case of failure..

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    Get a rail mounted light and a crimson trace lasergrip (I think it fits the sc). Then get a custom kydex holster made to fit.

I was curious about the Crimson Trace... I have given it some thought.

Which rail light do you have? I'm curious to see what some of them look like on the XD SC. Would also need to find one made for a short rail. As to the holster... do you have one you could show me a picture of?

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I don't currently have a light on mine, I was just making a suggestion. I found a bunch of pictures of holsters for a XD with light by searching google. There are several guys on this forum that do custom kydex holsters that I'm sure would be happy to set you up. I would suggest Hooch's Holsters.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom